ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screen on MBP seems a bit dodgy

LY 182
Just noticed today that my screen seems a little blurry.

Like on FB my friends display pics are really blurry. Haven't changed anything just looks weird.

Anybody had this?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Checked the screen resolution in your settings? 15" should be 1440 x 900

Also, if you think you may be a abit zoomed in try zooming out, hold ctrl and two finger scroll downwards.

LY 182
It's 13". Resolution hasn't been touched. I checked though and it is fine. Tried a couple bits and no joy.

May have to be my first trip to the Genius Bar. Sooner than I expected lol.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Hold ctrl and 2 finger scroll, worst zoom ever lol, it all goes blurry :rasp:

LY 182
No I'm not zoomed in lol. I've ensured auto zoom is off and I've tried the control + 2 finger scroll and I'm definitely not zoomed in at all.

I'm wondering if its a problem with the graphics card. It just looks a bit pixelated, kinda like apps on the iPhone 4 that haven't updated to look super crisp on the new display.

LY 182
Well I think it's mainly my eye sight. It's weird because it seemed to be different before, it's strange that I only noticed it last week.

Anyway I booked in to the genius bar and the guy there said he could see a bit of flickering. The result? Brand new display fitted. Gotta love the customer service! Still looks pretty much the same, so I'm gonna have to finally get me some glasses I think lol.

LY 182
are you holding it in the bottom left corner?

Nope it's mostly just sitting flat on my desk.

I know I do need glasses, so I should probably sort that out and then make my judgment. It just doesn't seem as crisp as it did initially.

My iPhone 4 looks a bit crisper to me with certain things.

LY 182
I was hungover yday and only just got to the store in time for my genius appointment. I need to have a look at other MBP's in store or whatever and see if they look different. I know my eyes are dodgy, but it definitely looks different to me than what it did in the first couple weeks of ownership.

Comparing another MBP should do the trick.

LY 182
Yeah. If there's an issue, you won't need a tissue. They'll just replace it, FOC.

Well I thought it might be the graphics card. The guy said no, and they replaced the screen already. But to me it looks exactly the same. I'll grab a few screenshots later and post em up and see what you (and others) think.

LY 182
Okay here's a screenshot. It's bugging me cos to me it doesn't look right. :S

screenshot20100705at174.png

LY 182
To me it just looks a bit blurry almost like it's a few pixels out. However I just went to PC World and had a quick play with their MBP and also a 27" iMac and it looked the same.

My conclusion: I definitely need glasses lol.

For some reason I thought it had lost some crispness from when I first had it but it must just be my eyes!

(Dock has been reduced in size.. :eek:)