ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SE K850i - SOS.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I had to send my K850 Aiii back to O2 because the touch screen buttons were sticking and causing all sorts of problems. Anyway, when they fixed it, they also updated the firmware and sent it back.

What I want to know is, how do I reset the phone to its out of the box, factory default state, without the updated firmware?!

There's a reason for my madness : The phone is being a piece of sh*t for a start. My Java games arent saving my kickass high scores, and they are taking longer and longer to load every time I want to play them. I never had this trouble originally, so now just want to go back to the same phone I had when I bought it.

I've tried doing a Master Reset twice, and when I check which firmware I'm using its still the most recent one! :S

I really dont want to resort to the tried and tested method of kicking f*ck out of it, so any help would be much appreciated.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Not possible.

Firmware almost by definition means that what you are running is the only thing you can run.

Downgrading is possible using davinchi but thats not cheap and tbh a bit silly.
Are you sure its the latest? Im sure they fixed the java issues.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
What a piece of sh*t. So I cant remove the firmware that was put on? Maybe I can use the data cable and put the original firmware back on?

6 more months of this tat. Although, it is a great phone, all the nonsense aside.

Never above 25mpg
Yup impossible! You can use the SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) to make the phone better and improve on the software by updating it with the latest firmware to be released but you cannot upload an old firmware unless you're in the business or have access to flash files!!

If it was a Motorola I'd have done it for you as I can flash V3/V3i's :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If you were closer i could downgrade it. But its not really a wise move.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
b****cks to it, its only the gaming issue I'm confused about. I honestly dont know why it wont save my scores when it used to save them perfectly well.

I had the phone, installed Puzzle Bobble. Played it to death, got some good scores. Updated firmware, still no problems, game played well and loaded quickly still. Touch screen button then started pressing itself, which was a pain when texting and it exiting on me. It was then my games started buggering up too. No saved storage and Puzzle Bobble would take around 1minute to load rather than 5 seconds.
Sent it back to o2. They fixed the button problem, sent the phone back with a note saying they'd also updated to the latest firmware.
Games were still being a pain, so I tried the master reset a couple of times. Like I said, still on updated firmware (as I didnt know this would be stuck with the phone until you mentioned it, so pretty pointless me resetting in hindsight). Anyway, obviously the phone is still playing up hence this thread.

It appears its just my java then.

My firmware is R1EA031 (is that right?)
Java SW version : JP-8.2

Nippy white cup
Gutted m8...mine has been fine all year...2 weeks from upgrade and the touch screen packed in completely...need to dig out the reciept and send it back now :(

Chris

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
mines running R1FA035

How is yours running more updated firmware than mine? I've tried the data cable and the update service on my mobile and it says I'm running the latest.

Clearly I'm not.

The update service is probably detecting your on o2 and the latest firmware is probably not made availiable to o2 customers until they release it.

If you use davinci you can upgrade the firmware and debrand it completely, then in future SEUS will detect your phone as a generic model (as long as it has no network lock which if its an o2 contract phone it prob will not) but this costs 10 euros. You can also choose the firmware you want on it.

I always usually use davinci when I first get any sort of branded handset, you then get the phone as SE intended it.

PM if you want more details, web site etc.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The update service is probably detecting your on o2 and the latest firmware is probably not made availiable to o2 customers until they release it.

If you use davinci you can upgrade the firmware and debrand it completely, then in future SEUS will detect your phone as a generic model (as long as it has no network lock which if its an o2 contract phone it prob will not) but this costs 10 euros. You can also choose the firmware you want on it.

I always usually use davinci when I first get any sort of branded handset, you then get the phone as SE intended it.

You have PM.

PM if you want more details, web site etc.

Exactly what I Do. I don't have any problems with mine and I've had it since January...Well other than about 1 restart a month (Which I can live with)

Sy

I have 1 mate has had 3 of these in 4 months, and another 3 in 3 months.

Not reliable phones

I'm on my 7th in about 11 months (since it came out). I don't know a single person who hasn't had some sort of problem with theirs. I'm counting down the days till this one breaks so I can go in and get a different phone with better reliability!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Spent £8 online and used my data cable to debrand the phone and update the firmware. Now seems a lot better and quicker :approve:

Plus my games save my scores again :cool: