ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Secure Subwoofer

Just wondering what the best method of holding down a sub in the boot was. I have heard about using velcro, but wasnt sure how strong this would be, or how you would attach it to both the sub and the carpet. I also still want to be able to get to the spare wheel. Ta Andrew

Lionel Richie

i made a false floor out of MDF, this goes under the original carpet and then ive screwed the box too it. You can lift the whole lot up if you put the rear seat down so you have access to the spare. It makes the sub more secure aswell. I mean it wouldnt be hard to nick a sub held by velcro!!! Id like to see the buggers try and nick mine!!!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

I too have pondered that question and thought velcro wouldnt work too well at a sudden stop from 40...it might join you in the front seat......with you in between the box and screen!!

Thought about attaching webbing, like seatbelt type material, to the underneath and clipping it to the loops that are in the boot and velcro to stop it moving side to side.

theres two types of velcro. both available from homebase type places. normal stuff - not very good really or heavy duty sticky back stuff which sticks like dog doo to ya new pair of nikes !!

I have just done this in my clio. What i did was to buy some heavy duty velcro about 2in thick, staple the fluffy side to the underside of the box, i used three strips. Then i trimmed round the box into the boot carpet so that the metal boot floor was exposed. i then used the adhesive side of the velcro and stuck this to the floor in the same place as the fluffy stuff on the box. It works really really well, and i have had no problems at all.

Chuckie