ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

self spraying

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
I've got a guide saved on my computer, so if you let me know you're email (PM if you want?) I'll send it across to you.

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Sent to all of the above! Hope it helps guys

Taylor - you've got the hologram grey Clio yeah? You'll have to let me know how the coloucoding goes, and where you got your paint from as I'm planning on doing mine in a few weeks.

Adam

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
cool yeah its hologram grey prob just get it out of a can at halfrauds tbh it seems pretty good from when ive used it before. i will be doing it this week providing i get hold of a spare set of strips lol other wise when ever i can get some

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Have sent it to two above addresses now as well.

Just to point out it wasn't me who wrote the guide, I got it off here quite a while ago so big thanks to whoever it was who wrote it!

Chocolate Bar™
taylor said:
cool yeah its hologram grey prob just get it out of a can at halfrauds tbh it seems pretty good from when ive used it before. i will be doing it this week providing i get hold of a spare set of strips lol other wise when ever i can get some

dont bother. halfords are terrible at paint mixing, and the tins are fairly crap.

use auto-paint.co.uk as they're cans are larger, better quality, and the paint is always a good match :)

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Middo said:
dont bother. halfords are terrible at paint mixing, and the tins are fairly crap.

use auto-paint.co.uk as they're cans are larger, better quality, and the paint is always a good match :)

Had heard that Halfords didn't give the best colour match, and was going to ask for suggestions about where to get paint from, so thanks for the tip Middo Are they those rattle-cans from this website, like in Halfords?

Chocolate Bar™
^ they do both rattle cans and litres for air compressors, they really do spray a lot ncier than the ones from halfords and the man on the end of the phone actually knows what hes talking about unlike halfords!

Monaco Blue Mk2
^^PMSL. When I went in to get mine I said, I want a couple of cans of paint mixing up please. He goes, do you know the paint code, I say, yes, NV432. He replies, oh yeah, Renault monaco blue pearl. Couldn't believe it!

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Blue4Ever said:
^^PMSL. When I went in to get mine I said, I want a couple of cans of paint mixing up please. He goes, do you know the paint code, I say, yes, NV432. He replies, oh yeah, Renault monaco blue pearl. Couldn't believe it!

Thats class.. halfrauds would have been like "Eh... Paint, is it for your windows!?" lol

A number of clios
im ok dont need to use halfords got so many places around chesterfield that do piant mixing autosupplies prob the best good colour matchs too.

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Sent to glyn and oggy.dw.

Would appreciate if someone could post it up please, save me keep sending it on! I would do it but am not sure how to!

Cheers, Adam

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Some feedback on how you get on with the process, especially front and rear bumper inserts on mk 2's would be good as well as I haven't got mine done yet.

Will be doing my door handles and side bump strips soon, but not sure whether to give the other bits a go as well or get them done professionally as they're a bit of a bigger job.

Thanks again to whoever it was who wrote the guide. Much appreciated

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Sorry lads, didn't send last time. Have just sent it to Steven so he can post it up on here.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Ok, I have it hosted Here

Could a Mod maybe tidy this thread up, and make it a sticky?

Monaco Blue Mk2
I've sprayed some bits myself and to be honest the most important bit is the prep work. Sanding the parts down well is a must. I did 80 grit, 120, 240, 600, 800 to firstly get rid of the plastic 'bobble' effect and then get them smooth for painting.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
any chance some one can send it me again i deleted it by accident and im going to have a bash at it today

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Halfords 'effort'

IMAGE_00036.jpg

Auto-paints effort

clio.jpg

don't worry, turbines have been fitted now ;)

halfords excuse was that my car had just faded over the years. I still got my money back.

Ordered about 10 cans from autopaint now, always spot on, even if sometimes the nozzles on the can are fooked.

Needs some more polish on it to bring it up to the shine of the rest though