ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SHAKING AT SPEED

182 ff
hi people recently developed a little problem when travelling at 80 or more its seems the car is vibrating a lot and feels uneasy, recently changed my wheels just a straight swap any suggestions ??

mark

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It could be one of a few things >>>

Flat spot on one of the tyres (i.e un even wear) this can cause un natural vibration.

A drive shaft may be knackered this could also cause vibration.

The stering geometery (tracking) may be needing aligned.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Flat spot on a 182ff, nope...

Chances are the balancing weight has fallen off as it wernt stuck down well, they are there to counter act the weight of the valve. Start by looking opposite your valve for what looks like this

wheel-weight.jpg

or these stuck on the inside of your wheel

Fe%20Stick-onAdhesive%20Weight%20(2.5gX12,%20Model%20B)-8.jpg

If all wheels have them on, let us know and I'm sure some1 on here will be able to go into greater diagnosis with u. If they dont just take them back to the garage where it was fitted and they will rebalance it for free.

Last edited:

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Flat spot on a 182ff, nope...

Chances are the balancing weight has fallen off as it wernt stuck down well, they are there to counter act the weight of the valve. Start by looking opposite your valve for what looks like this

wheel-weight.jpg

or these stuck on the inside of your wheel

Fe%20Stick-onAdhesive%20Weight%20(2.5gX12,%20Model%20B)-8.jpg

If all wheels have them on, let us know and I'm sure some1 on here will be able to go into greater diagnosis with u. If they dont just take them back to the garage where it was fitted and they will rebalance it for free.

Not a flat spot in performance, a flat spot on a tyre (i.e surface of one of the tyres has mis-shaped its self whilst hitting a pothole) or anything else that our glorious roads may offer...

:rolleyes:

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
dude.. check your nuts are tight. I changed my tyres at a garage.. and wheel was vibrating above 70. came on here and someone suggested the nuts were loose, low and behold. they were.. worth a check for sure!