ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shock proof head units??

anyone know the name of the shock proof headunit??

there used to be a headunit that wasnt much to look at, looked like an OE unit, but it had awesome sound quality and a good shock proofiness for bumpy/crashy cars..

the standard blaupunkt hu in the VX doesnt seem to like bumps too much.. take it on a back road and it will sometiems jump..

dunno whether i need a 'shock proof' unit?

or whether a decent alpine one like so, will be up to the job:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4820

Polo + Micra
i've yet to get my 9815 to skip in my clio and i hit potholes all the time on coilovers but that is using mp3's

i was looking at those beckers and THINK it may be them..

but im thinking the alpine should be pretty good on the bumps anyway? better than the blaupunkt sanremo CD32 in it at the mo anyway..

Audi TT 3.2 V6
ive not managed to make my pioneeer headunit skip a beat yet and thats withy the car lowered 60mm.

maybe your headunit is just duff? bumps arent something you should have to really worry about when buying a car headunit

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Nakamichi is the s**t.. but I bought an alpine.. heh. Managed to get my alpine to skip a couple times.. each time due to edinburgh lovely authentic pot hole riddled roads.