ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i keep it ?

mk3 clio
hi people am new to this and was just wondering should i keep my 1.2 and turbo it? Or should i bin it and go down the road of reno 5gtt or 172/182? or something else any help is good thanks. Forgot to say it's a 03 clio with a small hole in the back box sounds like a dumpvalve lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
1.2 Turbo would be cool and rare but if you don't want hassle and it would probably be cheaper to buy a 172/182.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
been looking into the 1.2 turbo myself not for the speed because it would cost mega money to go above 120bhp but just because it would be different, but really not worth the money

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i also looked into a 1.2 turbo, spoke to renault themselfs who told me the internals of the engine wouldnt be able to take it, you would put a hole in the side of the block. they sed the 2.0 is the only engine that can take it

Turbos.
I almost did it. My plan was to try and get my 1.2 down to 850kg and then do the turbo conversion. I'm sure it would of been a lot of fun, but yes, a silly amount of money.

I spoke to David at K-tec about it when it was just an idea, he mentioned that it would be 120bhp as a light pressure conversion, and the focus was on keeping costs down opposed to power.

TBH i wish people stopped saying it was a 'waste' of money, and modification be classified as that. Along as you enjoy it, who cares!

cliobuyer said:
I almost did it. My plan was to try and get my 1.2 down to 850kg and then do the turbo conversion. I'm sure it would of been a lot of fun, but yes, a silly amount of money.

I spoke to David at K-tec about it when it was just an idea, he mentioned that it would be 120bhp as a light pressure conversion, and the focus was on keeping costs down opposed to power.

TBH i wish people stopped saying it was a 'waste' of money, and modification be classified as that. Along as you enjoy it, who cares!

yes, but spending thousands on a 1.2 turbo spec is a waste of money when you can get a complete 2.0 for about a grand. So waste of money wouldn't really quite describe it, retarded would be more apt as you spend over twice the amount and be 50bhp down, as well as having the turbo spool up waiting games... pointless.

The Beast MK4
Don't do it. Ive had my 1.2 for almost 3 + 1/2 years and stuck with the slowness lol, it will be time for something faster very soon!

why not put a R5 lump in a valver? if you are after a project then this would be a good place to start! if not - just get a 172/182 - more bang for yer buck than any turbo convo on a 1.2 would give ya!