ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sigma 70-300 APO - talk to me!

Need a budget zoom for occasional use, so don't feel the need to spend a lot of money!

Seems this lens can be got for well under £200, anyone got one or used one?

Opinions?

2014 Focus Titanium
Do you run canon or Nikon? If its canon then get the 55-250mm IS without hesitation, its leagues ahead of the Sigma 70-300 APO.

I've had both, the Canon is ultra sharp for a £200 lens, its almost L sharp. The Sigma is pretty poo, useless past 200mm, was softer than a babies bum!

The canon has the latest version of the IS system which is awesome!

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Loved mine, If you're an occasional motorsport shooter it will more than do the job. HSM focusing is normally very quick, but mine was the non hsm version. Cracking lens though.

Loved mine, If you're an occasional motorsport shooter it will more than do the job. HSM focusing is normally very quick, but mine was the non hsm version. Cracking lens though.

Cheers matey, was just for occasional motorsport and equestrian photography where the reach will come in handy!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I have the canon fit one and tbh it is OK, but as soon as I can afford a better quality lens it will be going. Unless there is a lot of light it has poor performance