ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silverstone - best place for photos

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to the Touring cars on sunday - where's the best place for photos?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
there isnt really one, there are high fences all around the track, if there are other photogs there they will all know the best places follow them lol

It's truely awful for photos, and I'm going from experience on a day when there were hardly any people there, when it's busy it must be even worse. BTCC runs on the National Circuit, so you have two options really...

Luffield - A few things you can try on the terrace, stand back and you can just about get some panning shots in or them just coming around the corner, or you can stand down on the right and get them going away from you.

352908024_5jdMa-L.jpg

352903379_YuXY4-L.jpg

Copse - Head to the infield and go up in the stand on the inside of Copse, get quite a nice view of them coming off the corner.

352906886_nG5JX-L.jpg

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers chris will make a note of them. Hopefully we'll have a corporate box and access to the pit lane too.

awesome pics ^^

I got about 20 reasonable pics in a whole day, nightmare.

Not even great for spectators really, BTCC pulled out of Silverstone last year but the sponsors forced them back for 2008 (I guess racing at the same place as F1 offers kudos for even the most uninterested clients), for national/club racing it just doesn't work, places like Brands, Thruxton etc are much better.

Cheers chris will make a note of them. Hopefully we'll have a corporate box and access to the pit lane too.

Paddock and Circuit Inner is open to spectators anyway, but one of the boxes would be very cool particuarly if it's one of them over the pit lane, could get some very unique shots.