ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Siphoning petrol....how can it be done?

Civic Vtec y0
Say for example you just remembered (at about 11:50PM) that you have a FULL take of petrol in your Clio that your have just sold and the buyer is collecting it at about 10am 2moro. How would one go about removing this petrol in the morning?

Thanks

Ryan

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
in all seriousness there was a wee neddy guy in our football team that could do it.

firstly park on a hill with the clio up from the other car or gerry can

get a plastic pipe or a hose pipe and take the end section off , stick it in the clio's tank then suck on it yourself (petrol tastes great) and it should flow down IF theres enough of a gradient.

well thats what he said anyway.

i should point out that it probably wont work!

Civic Vtec y0
in all seriousness there was a wee neddy guy in our football team that could do it.

get a plastic pipe or a hose pipe and take the end section off , stick it in the clio's tank then suck on it yourself (petrol tastes great) and it should flow down IF theres enough of a gradient.

Clio doesnt run, and is parked on a flat bit of road lol!

Mr Mark, I dont really like sucking on long tube type things, R20 may be able to help me with that tho

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Can't find it on the Halford website.

I used to syphon petrol out of cars (my own) but dunno if you can do it anymore!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Clio doesnt run, and is parked on a flat bit of road lol!

Mr Mark, I dont really like sucking on long tube type things, R20 may be able to help me with that tho

aye nae bother, see you at falkirk stadium again then?

wot u wanna do mate, is make sure the tube/hose exit end is LOWER than the level of petrol... so basically below the chassis of ur car, then suck until it ALMOST hits ur mouth, then stop and it will flow freely into the jerry can/container, etc! just remember the mint for afterwards!

Civic Vtec y0
Can't find it on the Halford website.

I used to syphon petrol out of cars (my own) but dunno if you can do it anymore!
I just had a look as well! Will phone them 2moro!

Any other ideas that I could maybe do 2nite?

Mr Mark, well at least yours sucks :rolleyes:

Civic Vtec y0
wot u wanna do mate, is make sure the tube/hose exit end is LOWER than the level of petrol... so basically below the chassis of ur car, then suck until it ALMOST hits ur mouth, then stop and it will flow freely into the jerry can/container, etc! just remember the mint for afterwards!
but thats the thing, the car is on a level bit of road!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
As krissy describes, but petrol tastes rank :(

Car can be on a level bit of road, end of the pipe just hase to be as low as possible.

tube in the tank, other end of tube laying on the floor.

Suck the tube until the petrol starts flowing, keeping the end below the petrol tank.

its a piece of piss...

tiTTy & SV650
but thats the thing, the car is on a level bit of road!

the ground is always gonna be lower than the level of the petrol so it'll syphon just fine, but what u gonna syphon it into?

M2 Competition
Go to an aquatic centre mate, or good pet shop.

You need one of the pumps people use for siphoning the water out of their fish tanks.

Or a length of hose and a taste for petrol...

Clio 172 mk2
Use an old coke bottle and a piece of tubing

Put a hole in the bottle and feed in the tubing sealing the hole with some blue tac or similar

You can then suck through the bottle top and the petrol will just drop into the bottle through the pipe so you won't swallow any.

Still get take in the fumes though which will probably f**k you up.

Civic Vtec y0
The guy will be here in a few mins, I will just need 2 let it go! Im totally skint as well, £30 of petrol is a hell of a lot to me at this moment in time lol