ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky broadband being extremely slow

Nothing at the mo :(
Anyone else having this problem atm?

I'm on unlimted sky and i usually hit around 14mb connection.. so downloading just over 1mb a sec..

last week or so its been very up and down. atm im struggling to download anything about 200kb asec

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I'm rolling 1.9mb on sky. Standard for me.

My 3g on my iphone runs twice as fast as that lol.

Ring sky, i complained at running at 3mb, the woman on the phone pressed some buttons down her end and said do a test now, 9mb boom, that was over a year ago.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah will do it Monday. A few roads down they have fibre optic. :(

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine seems fine.

2300542473.png

Seb, you don't actually need a fibre optic line to your house anymore. As long as the local exchange is enabled with fibre optic the rest comes down your standard phone line. FTTC its called.

Bumder With A Buffer
Mine seems fine.

2300542473.png

Seb, you don't actually need a fibre optic line to your house anymore. As long as the local exchange is enabled with fibre optic the rest comes down your standard phone line. FTTC its called.

Wrong.

FFTC means Fibre To The Cab. Ie the green cabinets on the side of the roads. Nearly every BT exchange is actually connected via fibre thats was what BT's 21CN "Network Upgrades" were actually all about. Its all about whether your nearest cab (or DP (Distribution Point)) has all the kit in not whether the exchange has fibre.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Wrong.

FFTC means Fibre To The Cab. Ie the green cabinets on the side of the roads. Nearly every BT exchange is actually connected via fibre thats was what BT's 21CN "Network Upgrades" were actually all about. Its all about whether your nearest cab (or DP (Distribution Point)) has all the kit in not whether the exchange has fibre.

Thats what I meant, i just said exchange instead of cabinet. I knew it meant Fibre to the cab. But from the Cab to my house is a normal phone line.