ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Broadband

MY10 R35 GTR
Just switched the Sky Broadband.

Whats folks experiences with the 10 day period when they first switch? Sky said the internet speed would fluctuate just until they get the stable speed and that is what its been doing. But on the odd occasion the the wifi symbol will go black on my laptop and it'll say no internet. For at most 10 seconds. It isn't device specific, happened on main pc, ipad etc

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I never had any experience like that tbh. I can only get phone line internet and to be fair theirs seems to average around 17 meg.

I'm currently in my 10 day period after switching. I've been keeping an eye on it and it seemed to re-synch at around 5AM daily for the first few days, but was solid the rest of the time. Maybe your line is of a poorer quality or the box / filter is faulty? If it's still the same after 10 days give them a call.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i changed over the day before i went on holiday, that day it went from my o2 speed of 21mb to 4mb, which is fine, i knew that was going to happen, sky also quote up to 16mb, but i was assuming that just because they aren't allowed to advertise the maximum speed anymore as very few people to attain it.

So i come back from holiday after 9 days (so missed out the changing speeds testing period) and it was synced nicely at 21mb again and 1mb upload, which i am happy about as thats what i got with o2/BE.

So far so good.

I kept my o2 router too, i haven't even opened the sky package yet.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I was with O2 for years, switched over recently and I'm getting faster connection & download speeds than I was, so happy days.

Still using the old O2 wireless box as well, no issues, don't think Sky will send you one unless you changed deals, or have a problem with your existing router.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Sky sent me a new router when switching to them from O2 a couple of weeks ago, but I'm of the thought that if it aint broke......

Tesla MP3 2021
The 10 day thing is what they call DLM (Dynamic Line Management) which basically monitors your line for performance, stability etc and then will make the necessary changes on your connection within the ISP's systems on the hardware.

MY10 R35 GTR
seems to be fine now.

Not overly impressed with the speed. O2 speeds were 12-14mbs, not matter what time of day or day of the week.

Currently with sky speeds go between 8-18mbs.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I was on around 6 down 1 up while with O2 (£24 pm including line rental and talk plan).

I'm now on sky fibre, 38 down 10 up costing £20 pm (line rental and talk plan inclusive).

There are some good deals to be had if you were an O2 customer and I've not been able to fault sky's service to date.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
^^^

I agree, ive just jumped ship over from BE onto the £20p/m sky fibre deal, I was running around 10 download and 0.8 upload previously

today is my first day with sky and the test today showed 30mb download and 8mb upload so I'm very happy hoping after the DLM phase things could get even better!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
^^^

I agree, ive just jumped ship over from BE onto the £20p/m sky fibre deal, I was running around 10 download and 0.8 upload previously

today is my first day with sky and the test today showed 30mb download and 8mb upload so I'm very happy hoping after the DLM phase things could get even better!

Very good mate!

I'm not looking forward to when the contract ends though lol.