ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky interference (like clockwork)

For the last few months I've noticed my Sky loses signal or drops out around 4pm until 4.30pm every day. I can test it by recording a show while at work (or the wife tells me when I get home).

At first I assumed it was the boiler or thermostat, but I've now eliminated that. The fact it's the same time everyday tells me something locally is interfering (neighbour's boiler?).

I'm confident something else is causing the issue, but could my equipment be faulty or contribute towards the interference? E.g could the dish be slightly out of alignment? Could the LNB be faulty? The cables need replacing?

The dish and cables are about 4 years old.

182, SQ7, Trafic
If anything like that it would be the box, but if it's clockwork something external I imagine is causing it.

Just to update this. I had the Dish bracket, LNB and Box replaced by Sky (£30 call out fee) last Tuesday. No problems since.

He said tuner 2 was faulty (the reason recordings were failing), the bracket wasn't sturdy enough (any wind/rain would have knocked it), and the cables needed re-splicing.