ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slight vibration.....help

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
well i am getting a very slight vibration through my steering wheel........which then increase's when i turn left......this only also happens when excelerating

it can't be the wheel bearing as its only just been done, it wasn't happening the other day its only happened since i put my decat back on which is tapping alot....could it be vibrations?

help please

M

mini-valver

Freebone said:
well i am getting a very slight vibration through my steering wheel........which then increase's when i turn left......this only also happens when excelerating

it can't be the wheel bearing as its only just been done, it wasn't happening the other day its only happened since i put my decat back on which is tapping alot....could it be vibrations?

help please
think youve kinda answered it yourself there mate! probably rattling against the heat sheild

Twingo 133
Sure none of the balancers have come off the offending wheel? The stick on ones come off easily.
Checked the wheel is tight? Checked that the driveshaft nut is nice and tight? has a high torque that nut.

Could be worth looking at the decat, but not sure how that would effect the steering wheel, had pretty much most of my exhaust system rattle and not effect the wheel lol.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
ok well i went in and had all the wheels checked and they are all fine or sorted,

i tried moving the exhaust etc and was ok for like 5 mins but is rattling alot again

i also still have this vibration that increases when turning left, i am sure the car is not pulling aswell to, and also feels that its grinding somewhere slightly..

all the oil is fine etc and water is ok to...no loses

Looking for a ph-quick...
You beat me to it Clarkie! I had this problem when i the baffles went in my centre box and had it chopped out. They pulled it too far back and it was touching the steering rack causing a vibration through the steering column! 99% thats what it is!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
ok.....so.....what is the best way to solve this.......underneath or from above

i have had a go at moving the exhaust but it just seems to fall back into place......

i am guessing it may be best to undo the decat and then move it and redo up

Looking for a ph-quick...
From underneath, you may have to undo one of the clamps to allow you to pull the exhaust away from the rack a bit, theres a joint where it goes over the rear axle, unless you have an adjustable de-cat. You might struggle with the car just jacked up, might have to get up in the air or even take it to an exhaust place.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
ok i don't have an adjustable decat......so will have to look at the joints...maybe where the decats joined also as that the only place i have messed around with lately

i will take it to a friends garage and get it in the air...i have unlimited time there and i can work on it.....he charges me very very little to bonus....i will have a good look and hopefully be able to pull it away

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
well couldn't get access to the ramps this moring but managed to get it up on the stands on the drive, with just enough space to work....(sore neck now)

it would seem that one of the bolts on the downpipe was rubbing against the subframe, i loosened the decat bolts and shifted it over then retighten....the only thing being is it still seems to move quite easily........we will see..hopefully it should of sorted it

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
well went to uni yesturday and on the way up i was still getting slight vibrations through the steering wheel, and a constant vibration through the centre box on the underside of the car......

i looked at it on some ramps today and found the extra hanger i have just before the centre box on my magnex was touching the car....hacked that off and i think its all fine now.....although does tap slightly

hopefully can live with that though