ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slow broadband??

well my broadband seems to be suffering. just came back from leave, turned it all on suddenly everything is soooooo slow. updated my pc and sorted the anti virus out (updated it again) and still mega slow.

is there anything i can check to see what is happening with it? stumpted as to why it was fine a few weeks ago and now i've come back to it and all is slow.

its a bt broadband service if that makes any difference.

anyone got any tips?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i think theres a few people having problems with bt at the mo

well after the poorest display of technical help and generally annoying me I've cancelled my broadband contract with bt.
not gonna be about saffron walden for a fair few months so gonna leave it till im back before possibly getting another service.

could anyone in saffron walden please let me know though for future reference who provides the best/quickest service?

Clio Sport 172
What was the speed you were getting into your house. If you put your hub into the master test socket then you test the speed coming in. You will have have to run a speed test via google etc

There is an ADSL faceplate that will replace your master socket. Very easy to wire up and will increase your speed instantly by 1500kbs

If you put it in your test socket and was still getting speeds of say 218kbs then they shoud have either

A) Booked a fault with openreach

or

B) Sent you new equipment