ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smeary windscreen!

Clio Dynamique
Ok so i washed the windscreen with shampoo when i was washing the car and now it smears terribly! Yes i know, i didnt think :D

Its been a few weeks since i last washed it :eek: and its still smearing when ever it rains an i use the wipers. I have used various glass cleaners millions of times and it doesnt seem to do anything. If it rains i'm constantly using the washers and then when they run out im in a right mess!

Is there anything anyone can reccomend to sort it out? I would really appreciate it, then i will be able to drive in the rain again.

Thanks!

I always wash my windscreen with shampoo?!

Sure you haven't got oil or something on it from another vehicle? I somehow got sprayed with oil before and was a b**ch to get off, used petrol.

Monaco
In my first week of driving I was a tool. lol

Sneezed and got s**t all over the windscreen. pulled over and searched the car. Found a pack of babywipes in the glove box. Seemed to be doing a good job so did the whole screen. about a mile later I was almost blind lol. That took a special glass cleaner that if applied to paint would dissolve it instantly.

HA! GL.

Clio Dynamique
I always wash my windscreen with shampoo?!

Sure you haven't got oil or something on it from another vehicle? I somehow got sprayed with oil before and was a b**ch to get off, used petrol.

The shampoo has wax in it aswell. Its turtlewax wash n wax with nano tech something or other.

Would white spirit be ok on the windscreen, if i washed it off after with just water? thanks

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Whenever I get grease or crap on my windsreen I use
white vinegar on it and the wiper blades and that always
works for me.

Stinks for a bit but that soon goes away.

I use turtle wax shampoo when washing my car and that includes
the windsreen, never had a problem.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Try some autoglym glass polish. It does a good job of taking crap off glass.

Evo 8 MR
I'd say it's the wipers, if they are old and goosed chances are they are causing the smearing.