ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some great offshore shots

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Can't take credit for them, but from one of the guys on the PaulB Loyd!

A few pics from the Paul B Loyd.

DSC04225Small.jpg

Clair1Nov2007Small.jpg

PBLJ36-Feb08Small.jpg

IMG_0554Small.jpg

IMG_0648Small.jpg

Roughnecks1125-04-08Small.jpg

DSC05953Small.jpg

PBLJ33-Feb08Small.jpg

mud3125-04-08Small.jpg

Flaring0818-07-08Small.jpg

DSC06161Small.jpg

017Small.jpg

PBLJ48-Feb08Small.jpg

PBLJ53-Feb08Small.jpg
[/quote]

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
thought you wernt allowed to take pics on them?

ive only seen a few

No you can, you have to sign a disclaimer at the heli pad tho.
But i agree, i very much DOUBT you'd be allowed to take pics on the drill deck! but if you don't get caught who's goign to say anything.

how long do you spend at a time on a offshore rig before leave?

Shift rotaion varies. In UKCS maximum time offshore is 21days for a fixed installation. Vessles can be anything up to 6months. Uniions and COTA Jurisdiction doesn't apply for marine.

BMW F31
wow! amazing pics!! love the "flaring", looks very cool.

how deep do the rigs go till they hit oil? pretty amazing bits of kit!

assume the oil is used for all sorts? fuel refining etc?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Varies alot tbh...Could be upwards of 4000m or as low as 500...Till they hit hydrocarbons really...I'm not a geologist so cant give you a better answer than that. Obviously the deeper you go the greater the temp and pressure...

Mature Basin's offen need injecting to get the oil out...

Yeh Heavy crude for VPower! lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not an easy life...2wks 12hr shifts. Prison like surroundings, It is dangerous even with HSEQ policies and systems...
Money is obviosuly a + When i'm off it's 240£ a day plus my wage...But it's really not a nice place to be.

having said that a few of our units have cinema and top of the line gym's, sauna's Games rooms and cool communal area's..."Emphasis on the word few!" Some don't even have internet.

B

Brown.

Not an easy life...2wks 12hr shifts. Prison like surroundings, It is dangerous even with HSEQ policies and systems...
Money is obviosuly a + When i'm off it's 240£ a day plus my wage...But it's really not a nice place to be.

having said that a few of our units have cinema and top of the line gym's, sauna's Games rooms and cool communal area's..."Emphasis on the word few!" Some don't even have internet.

well 4 12hour shifts are enough for me lol....12 would be a killer... benefits always outweigh the sacrifices.

Some good pics there :)

The rig i've just came off of had 2 internet pcs and 2 public phones between around 160 persons :(

And yeah the maximum is 21 days in the Uk Sector.

I was home on weds as my 21 days was up and i never did a thing :)
I was on standby waiting for the job to start and it still hasn't :)

I asked the Oim if i could stay on and he said no :(

So a replcement was found for me and home i came.