ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some recent music work

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
So im trying to change the way people think about club photos, get away from the tacky Iamvip/tillate/dsi crap and create something which is a touch more elegant and grown up.

This weekend one of my big clients decided they wanted me to push it more...

Those interested in my work can keep up to speed on it and my thoughts on my blog - http://www.ryandinham.co.uk/blog/

RYAN5993_zpsc117f949.jpg

RYAN6012_zps79e58bd8.jpg

RYAN7457_zps9348fe32.jpg

RYAN6141_zpsa8609ae4.jpg

RYAN7255_zps4453a31a.jpg

RYAN7060_zps377a19ef.jpg

RYAN6032_zps9f8a92aa.jpg

RYAN7346_zps9c5e4349.jpg

RYAN7515_zpsd717ac5a.jpg

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
I always see that as my objective. A lot of people still want posed b****cks for new Facebook pics.... I will continue to ignore them haha...

Buying primes is getting a bit costly mind.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
50 1.2 on my 1dx. 85 I have but nick off here has it this weekend out at the ring.

​I need to sort a 24/35 1.4 waaaaaaaaaaaa.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Ja. I have an obsession with wafer thin dof.

​That and the cheap canon primes I've used I've personally been unimpressed by.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah shallow DoF’s really work for your type of work, it really adds to the shot and gives some nice depth. I love my 50 F1.4 for that, but the Canon 50 F1.2 must be something else.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Awesome work! I love the feel if them!

​I am off to shoot a club in a minute but its just tacky,posed shite. However it gives me some beer tokens for the weekend, I do try to get a few more original shots if I can be bothered lol! Normally an in and hour job for an hour and half.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
I mainly became obsessed with the shallow dof due to dj booths often having clutter, and hangers on I didn't want as visable.

That and I need as much light as possible, I have had to shoot iso 51,200 @ 1.2 a few times within the last year.

Flamer
I really like those. It seemed more of a gig than a typical night out on a club. Don't know if that's what it was but yes good photos! My friends currently doing alot of gigs and music an even practice sessions in his photography

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Canon 1Dx!....I want it
The dx is great, but also it has big issues. Mainly being that I would rather change lenses at an event and risk missing a shot instead of using my two older 1 series bodies... Not good for my bank balance ha.

I really like those. It seemed more of a gig than a typical night out on a club. Don't know if that's what it was but yes good photos! My friends currently doing alot of gigs and music an even practice sessions in his photography

It was certainly a club night haha, well it was two nights but the second night was a really big house vibe (well the edm American noise).... I've shot practice sessions, it's fun. Almost all my work is involved with music now.

I had a proper 'wow' moment when I opened this thread, superb photography. It's fruitless trying to pick a favourite as they work so well together as a set, but I keep going back to #5, I think mainly because of the dude in the shades. I love the way that despite many being crowd scenes, they mainly have an individual focal point (über DoF and great framing). Certainly as a memento of a night out I would be far more interested in something like this rather than the usual posed flash shots.

In the interest of being constructive #1 bothers me a bit, a shame the main subject isn't in focus. Generally though it's great that you have a client open to creativity, certainly one to hang onto!