ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony w995

Looks to me like a cracker of a phone... anyone had any experience with it yet?

Just waiting for o2 to release it... could be waiting a long time :(

Thanks for everyone's help!

Got the w995 today on Orange as o2 has f**k all signal in my flat and i've had enough. Got a black one and loving it so far. Its a lot smaller than the adverts suggest. Best of all managed to get Orange Dolphin 35 contract for £25 a month + £50 trade in on my K850i.

result :)

The camera is the best ive seen on a phone. It has a stupid feature which automatically takes the photo when the person who is in focus smiles. Its called smile detection lol.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Fubar - Any issues with the phone?

Think I'm gonna be getting one next week.

Is there any software issues with this SE phone?

What's the internet like on it? Easy to use?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Got mine few days ago.

Its ace imo. Really easy to use (never had a SE).

Camera is epic, the panoramic pic feature is brilliant.

8GB mem card too so plenty of memory.

internet is pretty fast and simple to use only problem i'm havin is when i plug it into my laptop to transfer pics the pics i've taken in the last few days dont come up. Only ones i transferd from another phone do, ??

Fubar - Any issues with the phone?

Think I'm gonna be getting one next week.

Is there any software issues with this SE phone?

What's the internet like on it? Easy to use?

I though it was s**t... so I sold it.

The menu system SERIOUSLY needs updating. The screen resolution is the same as sony phones with much smaller screens, meaning that all of the menu's appear to huge almost pixelated on the large screen. Change your computer screen resultion down to 800x600 and thats what the w995 screen's like.

Plus sides, the music system was spot on... sound quality excellent and the additional speaker was excellent! Camera seemed to work pretty well too. Internet was typical SE... easy to use and does the job.

Sony seriously needed to do something with the menus on the phone. It seems they've just stretched an older version of the OS to fit the screen size. I've gone back to my tiny Sony w890i which has the same resolution!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I don't understand what your saying about he menus.

There fine in mine not stretched atall. Really sharp infact. You sure your settings were fucked/phone default.

There fine in mine not stretched atall. Really sharp infact. You sure your settings were f**ked/phone default.

No, I know what he means. The menu looks awful, even worse than the C905 did. The W995i is a crap phone, and is just any A200 platform phone, they are all the damn same. And it's still very buggy. I was going to replace my C905 with one, but glad I couldn't in the end. Every model of SE has been the same for years, gets a bit boring.

There fine in mine not stretched atall. Really sharp infact. You sure your settings were f**ked/phone default.

its not a setting, its the phone. Nothing you can do about it.

Here's an example:

w890i - 2" 320x240 (one of the smallest SE screens)
w995 - 2.6" 320x240 (one of the biggest SE screens)

The menu system is exactly the same on both phones. On my w890 its pin sharp, the w995 is stretched to fill the screen. Don't get me wrong its a capable phone, but it felt very plastic and the screen is a BIG let down because of the oversized menus.

BMW bus
I really wanted this phone, my missus got it and has had to take it back three times as it keeps crashing. The last three SE phones I've had have all crashed....I'll never have another til they get it sorted.

Swerve.com IMO