ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sorting out my Policy with NUD

'02 1.4 16v Auto
Right, my Dad's now home from Austria and so it's time to sort my Policy which we believe NUD sold to us, knowingly to THEM that it was fronted.

The Situation from the beginning :) :

1) With Quinn Direct as a Learner for £1800 F/C. I pass in November 2007 aged 17 and they say they want an extra £650 for the priveliege...Promptly told they can shove their policy.

2) Quote online with NUD on a 12 month policy as a Full Licence holder. £2000. Notice a box saying to quote for a Rapid Bonus, call them. We do.

3) The Indian takes all details (All true) and quotes that "I have a price for your of £1152 (For 9 months) with your father as the Main Driver which is a very good price Mr Shaw. Very Good price." My father is sat next to me as we are speaking on a speaker phone. Dad says that I will be the Main Driver, not him. "It is OK Mr Shaw as the policy is in your son's name with you as Main Driver so it is cheaper for him Mr Shaw." With this, we pay and I drive off very happy.

4) I'm driving to and from College happily. 9 days after I pass, I come to my Car in the college carpark to find that some class act who drives a Mitsubishi Galant Estate has reversed into the front of my Car. I get his details and call NUD. An english girl takes the details of the accident and gives me two options:

- To claim on HIS insurance once he accepts liability. Only once has he acepted liability can they set about getting my car fixed.

- To claim on MY insurance, get the car fixed at a garage of my choice (I chose one opposite college as my Sister works in the office and it's a lot closer than the other garage they suggested.)

At this point, I didn't fancy putting it on my Insurance incase something went awry in terms of them messing up and I ended up having to start again NCD wise. I chose to go with claiming on his insurance. They gave me details of a repair centre about 50 miles away on the Motorway.

5) We call this repairer and explain, they say they only had minimum details as their link system between them and NUD had broken...Fantastic!!! They say they can have an assessor drive over to me in a Courtesy Car, give my car a quick look over and a brief quote, then drive it off and get the work done. Brilliant I thought...

6) They call us to say that they won't (not can't) deliver the courtesy car and that I would have to drive there, take my insurance documents then call NUD to arrange cover for the courtesy car. THEN drive the CC back (A Nissan Micrap...Ugh...).

7) I call NUD and explain the situation and say I would like to claim on my own policy to be able to use my own repairer. After about an hour of explaining that, it gets through to them and I nip down the road to see my sister as the car is still driveable. She says all OK, bodyshop guy takes a look and says new front bumper and drivers headlight. A week later the parts are in, I take her in in the morning and by 5:30 she's ready for collection. :cool: All I do is sign a sheet to say I've collected and drive home.

8) I get a letter from NUD saying that the guy who can't reverse properly has accepted liability and that they have closed that aspect of the claim and that my NCD status has been re-instated. I'm happy as my car is fixed for free and very quickly by a team I know and trust fully and my NCD is reinstated.

9) I read many threads on here from people whose policy is similarly setup to my policy and start to think but get confused:

It looks like they have sold me a fronted policy (And were happy to?!?) and even though I have in a way claimed on my policy, they didn't kick up a stink about the main driver. I've had a look at the Certificate and it states that I am the Policy Holder and my Parents are named drivers. All 3 of us can drive the Car. On another sheet that came with the package (For those of you who are farmiliar with NUD packages, it's the one with the Number "1" on it on a blue background) it states that my Mum and I are secondary users (Another way of saying named drivers?) and my Dad is listed as:

Driver 3 Proposer: (Main user)

I'm now very confused as those two documents appear to be claiming different things. The certificate claims that I am the policy holder, and as so I am insured; and that my parents are named drivers. Yet the "1" sheet claims that I am the Policy Holder, owner of the vehicle and registered keeper and so am insured. Yet below that states that My Mum and I are secondary users and that my Dad is listed as Driver 3 Proposer: Main user.

I can't fathom out which to believe. I've spoken to my Dad about it who said we'll write to them, but I don't know what he plans to put in the letter...

What are your suggestions guys? I understand the policy could well be fronted, but I'm unsure 100% due to what sheet "1" says in comparison to the Certificate and because of the fact that they didn't flag it up when I decided to clim on my policy to get my car done quicker.