ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark plugs

Clio 182, Corsa VXR,
Hello everyone from Ireland 🇮🇪

Had the usual EML light flashing on the dash but have new injectors order. Decided to remove the upper inlet manifold and do the plugs and leads while I’m waiting I thought I’d change plugs can any of you give some advice on the condition maybe of how good or bad the running is ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 59

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
The second one in from the right looks odd/different… is it or is it just the angle of the photo?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
If the EML is flashing you'll definitely want new injectors like you say, new plugs at the same time and take stock from there. I'm sure it runs like a bag of nails in its current state.

Clio 182, Corsa VXR,
Well lads yeah pops and running on three cylinders was a bit considered of the oil around the threads ?? I changed one injector yesterday and she was fine but still had the light on, today light is still on but flashing. Narrowed it done to cylinder 3, no change once you unplug the injector, a bit pissed off because I had them cleaned and tested for £75 last week.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Well lads yeah pops and running on three cylinders was a bit considered of the oil around the threads ?? I changed one injector yesterday and she was fine but still had the light on, today light is still on but flashing. Narrowed it done to cylinder 3, no change once you unplug the injector, a bit pissed off because I had them cleaned and tested for £75 last week.
Had your pants down there, can get a brand new genuine set for about £200. These are sensitive to the right injectors, you only want to put proper Magneti Marelli in.

Won't run right until you've sorted the injectors and if one is dead they'll all be on their way out, plus you risk fouling your new plugs.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Funnily enough when I did the injectors on mine someone had put a single Bosch one in, I replaced all 4 for genuine, so can’t say which did it, but it ran smoother and felt noticeably quicker.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Apart from looking old and rusty (check the HT leads as water could be getting in), they all look to be firing ok except the left one.

The earth strap and electrode are rusty and the insulator is gunked up.

I'd change them.

Clio 182, Corsa VXR,
Apart from looking old and rusty (check the HT leads as water could be getting in), they all look to be firing ok except the left one.

The earth strap and electrode are rusty and the insulator is gunked up.

I'd change them.
Thanks. Will be definitely get them changed. Would water be running down the lead and sitting there do you think ?