ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedhunters pics etc, how do they do it?

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Pretty random I know, but the JDM thread is full of awesome photography and was wondering what techniques they use to get images like these...

tumblr_lcx8d7bftx1qeubvso1_1280.jpg

How much editing goes into pictures like these, or is it filters and expensive equipment? Just thought I'd ask knowing there's some pretty handy snappers on here!

Ste.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Half the time it's in a sunny places full of lovely palm trees.

That always seems to help!

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
filters will help but thats a big photoshop job and in my view not a great one as the car does not stand out.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
As above, way over done on PS there...Horrible pic and an equally horrible car.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Half the time it's in a sunny places full of lovely palm trees.

That always seems to help!

Yeah, fantastic natural lighting does help! The Midlands doesn't seem to offer the same quality lol.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
As mentioned, the states gets fantastic natural light.

But I really don't like that filter, here's what 30 seconds in Camera Raw, a better (IMHO) crop, and remove that nasty antenna thing, looks like...

blah.jpg

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I like that Adam, so basically if I play around with the colours using editing software I can get the same results!

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
You can't polish a turd Ste ! lol

If the shot's in focus and got a reasonable composition you can do anything in PS, literally anything.