ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Splutters When cold?

Sooooo as the title suggest my car seems to behave rather odd when starting from cold. It's only recently (month or two) started doing it and im just looking for some advice. There is no EML light on the dash or any other to indicate a problem as such. After the car has warmed up, maybe 10mins of running its almost back to normal.

​I have noticed that when i put my foot down it hesitates randomly, one minute the car is fine and the throttle response is normal, then its hesitant and feels under powered.

Any suggestions at to what it may be?

Cheers,
Matt

Most run rough until warm tbh. I give mine 10 minutes before I get off my drive so it doesn't irritate me by hesitating.

Yeah that's what I've started doing. I have also read on here that similar symptoms are normal with a sport. My initial thoughts were that it could be a faulty lambda sensor, but surely some sort of light would have come up on the dash for that?

Westfield, 182, 200
My 200 kangaroos when it's cold, but depends on the weather-the last few days it's been worse!

Yours too huh! Im convinced something else is to blame, anyone with ideas as to what else it may be? Surely this problem isn't standard with an RS?

Westfield, 182, 200
My wife,s 197 does it and web had a new rs200 thar did it, but agsin, only in certain weathet!

172 Cup
They all do that sir. (or so I'm told)
Mine was ok when I got it but last couple of weeks it feels a bit slugging. Although that could be cos I'm nursing it on dead tyres and have a worryingly wet undertray :rofl:

Westfield, 182, 200
Car never spluttered today, unfortunately the cup doesn't have a temp sensor, so I don't know how warm it was!

Cheers for the insight guys. I guess its just one of those little annoyances ill have to live with. Granted, its not the worst thing in the world, ill just have to warm her up before i go out in it. I'll have a little look at the plugs too, i have no idea when they were changed last!