ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sporting Newb!

Clio 182
Hi All,

New to CS.net.

I was bought my first Clio sport back in November 13, a black 182 FF with a CAT back Powerflow exhaust in Worchester. Coming from a BMW 330ci i can honestly I have never had such a good laugh driving a car (and I though the bimmer was good fun *pfff*).

Like many new projects, the car wasn't without fault, the only issue needing address is a wiper mech that has play on the passenger side, so much that the wiper comes off the screen and has scratch the door pillar - not a major issue but still need to address this.

Other then that the car had 4 rubbish tires that just couldn't handle the power through the front wheels, first thing I did when getting Back to Taunton was getting 4 Toyo tr1's fitted all round, this truly transformed the car.

Thinking of upgrading elements of the car, thinking of a v6 airbox to start with.

What are the thoughts of upgrading the suspension? will this ruin an already awesome setup? thoughts?

Thanks in advance guys

Clio 182
So, I finally got round to repairing the windscreen wiper mech on my 182. After been quoted around £100 plus 30 mins labour to get the job done, I decided I wanted to have a go at this myself - for the recored, I'm a completed novice with a spanner, often getting a mate to do the job for me!!

I sourced a 2nd hand part from EBay which set me back £25 already making a saving *thumbs up* and it arrived yesterday afternoon. So after reading up how to do the job (whilst waiting for the part to be delivered), decided to do the work yesterday evening.

Managed to get the wiper blades of with a little cussing, turns out that a little WD40 and the wiper arm raised off the screen was the best course of action for both passenger and driver arm spindles - comes of a lot easier!

Scuttle plate came off easy enough, then it was just a matter of undoing 3 bolts, each located between 1/2 & 1 inch away from each spindle (10mm nut iirc) and unclipping the wiring harness. After that it was just a case of carefully manoeuvring the old unit out and reversing the process. All-in, the job took me just over 45 minutes, which I am very pleased with.

It turns out that somewhere along the line, a previous owner looks to have tried to "mend" the arm under the passenger side spindle and instead managed to butcher it! the amount of play was ridiculous! I should have taken pictures of the process but got to carried away in the excitement and the concentration *nothing new*.

Next up - getting the damaged paintwork on the door pillar repaired, as well as a few other marks... maybe even an alloy refurb.