ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam

clio 182 black /gold
Recently i have had a lot steam coming out. I know it is only condensation but it last for ages. When the exhaust gets hot it does it loads. I had a guy collar me and say there was loads of water blowing out the back of the car. It must be rotting away inside out. Who else experence this?

172cup
droplets and vapour is normal when cold... (byproduct of combustion).

is it definately 'steam vapour' and not white smoke? If you;re getting alot of water, then worth checking your rad/expansion bottle for loss incase of any leaks.headgasket problems

clio 182 black /gold
Thanks dave. It is full i checked 2 days ago. It gets the back of the car wet. Plumes of the stuff.

172cup
you're alright then... what you might be finding is the water vapour is 'sitting' in your exhaust system until the next tiome you run of your car... so when you run it from cold not only are you dispelling the 'old' water, but any new water vapour/droplets formed are pouring out of your exhaust too

benefit of the hidden exhaust on the 172 tbh