ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stone chip in Windscreen

Car  172 Cup
I'm with Direct Line so do I have to contact them to get a stone chip sorted or will one of the major windscreen companies take care of the paper work?

I guess it's free as I've got fully comp cover?
 
Contact insurance they will get someone to come out for you and then you have to pay some excess usually around £70 i think.

Doesnt affect your NCB though.
 
Question:-

Can you cover the entire 'chip' with a 5 pence piece?

Yes: Phone insurance, they'll tell you where to go to get it done for FREE

No: Phone insurance, probably £50-£70 for replacement windscreen.

Maybe: Try and see if it can be fixed with silicone contact the insurance and go from there.

Ps. whichever option you choose, it won't affect next year's premium

Donny
 
Finally got through to DL.

It's being repaired for free this Friday morning at my home address.

"IF" it needs a replacement (which it wont) it's £60.
 
.Griff. said:
Finally got through to DL.

It's being repaired for free this Friday morning at my home address.

"IF" it needs a replacement (which it wont) it's £60.

Let me know he outcome please Griff as I have a stone chip the size of a pea on my screen, and want to hopefully get it repaired without paying an excess :mad:

Cheers
Nick
 
The 172 I've bought has a hellish chip on the windscreen. The garage will have it repaired or replaced for me collecting the car. I can guarantee they repair it rather than replace. I'll be interested to see how good a job they do.
 
.Griff. said:
Finally got through to DL.

It's being repaired for free this Friday morning at my home address.

"IF" it needs a replacement (which it wont) it's £60.

How did the repair go Griff?? :dead:
 
I'm with direct line and am on my 3rd screen now. £50 excess.

Just give em a tinkle and they'll come out and either fix it or replace the screen. Easy enough.
 
Back
Top