ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange noise at high speed

2004 182 FF + Cup packs
Hi All,

I've owned my 182 for nearly 4 years, and it has been a faithful servant, never missing a beat... these things are truely fantastic little cars!!

However over the last couple of weeks the car has started to make a very strange noise and I though I'd ask the good folk at ClioSport if they can help me!!

Effectively when I go over 100 mph there is a high pitch whine that starts to get louder and louder coming from the back end of the car (I think - it's hard to tell when you are concerntrating on the track).

If I have more weight in the car the noise starts a little earlier (say 90 mph).

This noise doesn't occur at any other speed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2004 182 FF + Cup packs
Hi, no don't believe it's wind noise.

I thought it might be the tyres rubbing on the wheel arches, but there is no sign of this on the tyres or the arches.

I am wondering if it might be the wheel bearings?

Try the right hand wing mirror, The hole there for the temp sensor is unused in the english cars and makes a while at over 80jellybeans.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
if it gets worse/louder it will be the wheel bearing after time it will sound like your going to take off :rasp:

jack up the car and spin the wheels to listen for any grinding noise. However, if the noise only comes near on 100mph then I don't think this check will work.