ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stuck uv filter

Hi guys I'm back with another problem haha I've got the uv filter stuck on my lens and can't get it off I've used the rubber band trick ect but nothing is moving this one, and I'm really getting annoyed now is there a more aggressive way to remove it? Thanks in advance

Oil Burner
Try a change in temperature, i got a CPL stuck on my lens when i put it onto the lens in a warm media centre, then spent a day out in the cold, couldn't get it off, went back into the media centre and it came off once it warmed up a bit. I would be careful making the change in temp too drastic as you might get condensation in the lens (which goes away after a few hours).

You can get rubber pads used for undoing stuck lids, they works a charm on most things.

Not sure about other ideas, possibly a short sharp twist to try and undo it, as opposed to a constant force maybe???

Cheers for that yea I heard the temp changes could have some thing to do with it, I'll keep trying throughout the day but it's getting to the point where I want to smash it on the edge of a table haha

Whawwwooow got it off (so happy right now) lol ended up using a pair of pliers the filter got abit of a battering around the edges but is still intact and the lens is good too :)