ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stud extraction

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I've been checking the valve clearances on my bike and one of the valve cover bolts snapped. Typically it is the one most exposed to the front wheel and not even half a can of WD40 made any odds.

I'm left with this:

headbolt.png

There's not a great deal of land, left on the thread of the bolt, but I wondered if the small thread extractor tools might still get some bite on to it.
Anyone used them? like this:

It's in a pretty awful position in terms of access, so my last resort is a nut and weld - but I'd rather not.

182 clio
I've been checking the valve clearances on my bike and one of the valve cover bolts snapped. Typically it is the one most exposed to the front wheel and not even half a can of WD40 made any odds.

I'm left with this:

View attachment 1439774

There's not a great deal of land, left on the thread of the bolt, but I wondered if the small thread extractor tools might still get some bite on to it.
Anyone used them? like this:

It's in a pretty awful position in terms of access, so my last resort is a nut and weld - but I'd rather not.
You got a welder?
Or someone with one weld a nut on it,heat will help loosen it from welding