ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sulphur/egg smell - Cat

FF 182
I got this smell yesterday after a nice drive over Buttertubs Pass. I don't get it every time I press on, just on the odd occasion, does this means my cat is:

A.Dud?
B.Going Dud?
C.Fine, cats smell.

Cheers

A45 AMG 406BHP
B
I used to put mine on for MOT purposes(1 week)
and it used to stink of eggs when under accel, Passed a mot fine for 2 years though! but i only did 200 miles max on the smelly cat lol
Hydrogen sulfide is the gas that causes the smell of rotten egg. Your cat will transform the hydrogen sulfide into a less-noxious sulfur containing compound.

If your car is smelling of hydrogen sulfide(egg), then your cat is on the way out.

FF 182
Ha actually she acused me of the wif and trying to make her believe me was like trying to take cake off a fat kid!

I would rather not go down the decat route really as I want to stay legal, will it do any damage done if I wait until it fails an MOT? It can't be too bad as it's just sailed through a test.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Don't count the MOT as having the car 100% fine. Mine sailed through MOT a few months ago now I have a crack in a rear disc lol :eek: