ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supaguard?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
just had a quote back for this, its for a metallic blue car and wondered if anyone had any experience of this and if its worth the dosh (circa £225)

Mercedes SLK350
I helped a lady friend buy a Corolla from a Toyota dealer. The price was agreed, then we got the "for £500 extra Supagard will protect your investment" line, along with a demonstration.

I told them to get stuffed, but my lady friend said she would like the car treated, especially the fabric and mats. So I bought enough Supagard stuff to do the car twice over inside and out for less than £20 off Ebay.

The dealers are getting huge backhanders from selling this stuff, if you must have it, do it yourself.

Mito Sportiva 135
As someone worked in a dealership, I can confirm the profits made from these profits is way too high. Save your money and do it yourself if you really want it. They work ok, don't get me wrong, but no better than any decent combo of durable sealant and wax.

You can wash Superguard of with a bucket of soapy water and a sponge! My Trophy had been Superguarded and I had it off in no time!

If you want a proper durable paint protection go for Permagard. Mines been done for a few months and it cleans back to a deep, glossy, water beading shine:

381941814_0d8758bda4_b.jpg

381934116_980c1fab96_b.jpg

Mito Sportiva 135
Have heard some positive reviews of Permaguard, but can't see it being any more durable than a couple of layers of Collinite's 476s.

Your car does have a nice gloss to it though if all you have done before taking those photos is wash it.

Your car does have a nice gloss to it though if all you have done before taking those photos is wash it.

Once over with a jet wash, a bucket of tepid lightly soaped (provided by Permagard) water, hosed down, a blade to get the worst of the water off and then once over with a towel!

Here's a couple of pics from 50 mins before I started.....

381927346_7aca9e20d9_b.jpg

381928274_21cd185a77_b.jpg

381929057_dc366a161b_b.jpg

You can see that the shine is still there under the dirt.

PG is hugely populat with the Supercar Club. One of the guys had his whole collection done including his pair of F40s!!!!!

Liking the clean trophy pics.

I'd parked under a tree the other day and noticed some bird crap on the body work. First opportunity I stopped at a garage to jetwash it but I'd been driving in the rain and most of it had disappeared.

Permagard originated in the marine and aviation world and one pilot who's had his plane treated flies through a rain cloud when it gets a little dirty!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Once over with a jet wash, a bucket of tepid lightly soaped (provided by Permagard) water, hosed down, a blade to get the worst of the water off and then once over with a towel!

Here's a couple of pics from 50 mins before I started.....

381927346_7aca9e20d9_b.jpg

381928274_21cd185a77_b.jpg

381929057_dc366a161b_b.jpg

You can see that the shine is still there under the dirt.

PG is hugely populat with the Supercar Club. One of the guys had his whole collection done including his pair of F40s!!!!!

not knocking it but i get the same effect with a good sealant quick wash and its clean again

mazda 2 sport white
i had it done by one of the lads at work it ,looked the dogs , until a bird sh*t on it had to have it flatted and mopped 2 weeks old . now i use autoglym
hi gloss for dark cars, bugger to get off but looks mint when done . it must be good in the summer a seagull tried to land on my bonnet must have though it was the sea but hit the grill bounced off hit a big truck dead .

GR7

Shiny red R32
just had a quote back for this, its for a metallic blue car and wondered if anyone had any experience of this and if its worth the dosh (circa £225)
Waste of money... it's normally gullible old ladies who pay all the extra for this
and apparently makes about £215 profit for the dealership! :mad:

how much is this stuff? where's it from?

Permagard is only available from Permagard no matter what anybody else says! The basic treatment is about £150 with an additional charge of upto £30 determined by the condition of the paintwork!

They also do a glass treatment for £40 that's well worth it, an engine bay treatment and an upholstery treatment. I didn't bother with either!

There was a guy on here claiming he could offer it at half the price Permagard do which interested the guys at PG hugely as they had never heard of him and he certainly wasn't a licensed franchisee!!!!

Take a look at their website www.permagard.info and if you want more info then call and ask, they are more than happy to chat about the treatment!

Bottom line is, if you love cleaning your car and can think of nothing better than spending countless hours with a toothbrush and a cotton bud cleaning the road grime out of the exposed thread on the steering arms then you're never going to look at something like Permagard.

If on the other hand you have better things to do at the weekend then a £150 for a treatment that lets you keep you car in virtuallly showroom condition for 1 hour every few weeks then I'd strongly recommend you investigate something like Permagard!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
this gem again......

unless you've had permagard done, please understand that you can't comment.... I've never heard of one person that's had it done that's had a bad word to say about it.

People who've spent thousands of pounds on Zymol etc have switched to PG.

You can't get the kit off ebay - if it's on there then it's probably not the real deal, as it's made by permagard for permagard franchises. If they sell to anyone else they break the franchise agreement and would face a lawsuit.

It's the best stuff i've come across in 15 years of driving and owning cars!

People often ask "what is it?" or "how does it work?". All you need to do is pick up the phone and the guys at Permagard will tell you everything you want to know.

To get you started however:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=verdana, Arial, Helvetica]PERMAGARD is a concentrated emulsion of aminomethoxyfunctional ethyl polymers which form a plasticitised film on all hard paint and gel coats by reacting with the moisture in the air.[/FONT][/FONT]

It's a waste of time and money!

not sure if its the perma or superguard.

agreed its a waste of time, used it once and i think a decent few steps of polish seal wax is by far better and the results are incomparible.

It's Superguard. You can't get the Permagard treatment anywhere except Permagard and it is worth the time and money as my earlier pics show....

You can pretty much rest assured that if someone is offering you Permagard then they are lying, just have a look on ebay!