ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suspension help!!!

megane

rite just been on the fone to merseyspeed to order sum springs they said they can get 30-35mil drops r 60mil drops i ideally want 40mil but im temted tp get 60mil on satnderd 15" alloys just wonderin wat this will do to me car and will there b much clearence from the floor wat would every1 reckonmend

and will my standerd shocks wear out r break with these

cheers andy

Wouldnt drop 60mm on standard shocks.. Youll get away with using standard shocks on 35mm drop, but thats still not ideal.

Ben

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 07 May 2003

Fred was on -60mm and standard shocks for agggggggggges and loadsa miles..

And the shocks are still fine!!!!! Do 60mm, dont listen to the wimps!!!!

when i was at powerflow they wanted £150 for and to fit 35mm drop PI springs, (they said 15mm first!). I aint got them. but how hard is it to do myself? been looking at some books and think i can do it, just no tools! and do i need a spring compressor?

Lionel Richie

where do you live??? i can do it for you????

Its dead easy, you do need spring compressors (only to get the old sprigs off the front struts) Plus a 22mm sockect a 17mm + 18mm spanner (adjustable spanner alternative) and a pair of mole grips (plus a jack and a pair of axle stands) 2hours if youre good with the tools 4hrs if you havent got a clue!!!!!