ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirls by hand?

Hi

Was looking for some products to get rid of swirls etc and just bring the shine back. Any ideas I haven't got da or polisher. It will be done by hand :)

Thanks

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
50 cals filler glaze m8,if you have not got a machine to get them out this will help a lot

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ok thanks for your help :smile: I'll try the megs stuff :smile: n which of them pads the best ?

Btw wax it as well after?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ok thanks for your help :smile: I'll try the megs stuff :smile: n which of them pads the best ?

Btw wax it as well after?

I don't know about the pads (haven't opened the link) but yes you should protect the paint after. If not the fillers will wash out with the rain. Sealant or Wax.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
As per Ads recommendation I recently used 50 cal cover up with good results. Check the details chat thread. I posted some pics.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tom what pad did you use to apply it with out of curiosity?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I don't actually know. It was a hand polisher thing I got from Asda with 3 pads..lol! So just a plastic handle which you can also Velcro pads on.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Used Prima Amigo by hand on my old A3. Looked brilliant with a couple of layers of Vics wax over it but I couldn't feel my arm afterwards!

Meguiars ultimate compound or gtechniq P1 with a firm foam pad such as the tri foam or German coloured applicator or dedicated hand polishing pads
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/flexipads-multi-purpose-applicator-pad-cat24.html
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/lake-country-hydro-tech-hand-pads-cat24.html
Then finish off with something a little less aggressive with some oils and fillers like autoglym SRP or meguiars ultimate polish
Would af tripple be ok? Want to move on from AG SRP but dunno what to try :(

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tripple is similar to SRP. Maybe think of it as a newer version. A little nicer to use and fractionally better performance it fills swirls and chemically cleans pretty well. But it won't remove swirls like the others I mentioned