ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T-Mobile upgrade, business use......

My T Mobile contract is up for renewal, one I use for work that I have 50% discount on line rental + W&W, and I need a new handset that preferably has built in GPS so I can use a decent Sat Nav programme.

T mobile have mention the MDA Compact III or the Blackberry Curve 8310.

Anyone in the know be able to point me in the direction of which I should get?

Cheers

Ye saw that ^^^ probably more than I need TBH, its really going to be used to make calls, possible receive emails if I dont have my laptop with me, and sat nav.

How does the sat nav on an N95 work ? is it subscription based? does the phone come loaded with the sat nav software, as t mobile offer it with co pilot as an extra?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its preloaded and requires a subscription, tomtom wont work with the built in GPS.

Copilot is optional.

Revels Mum & Sister
Not sure about the Sat Nav on blackberry. I know google maps will use the Sat Nav for basic navigation.

If you need your email out and about I would say Blackberry mine is vital to be honest

Ok, 1 more Q about BB email.......I have a pop3 mail account @ work running through Outlook, will BB email service work with a pop3 account? And say I am out and about and I get an email sent to my BB handset, will this also be delivered to my laptop when I get into the office??

Went for the MDA compact III, downloaded tomtom6 over the weekend and used it, really pleased with my choice!!

Had a look at a mates N95 with sat nav, was useless!

Set up my pop3 emails which work a treat too with the unlimited W&W from T Mobile, liking the W&W home page which you can set up you ebay account on to monitor your goings on very quickly and easily!

Me thinks this phone pisses on the iphone really

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Each to their own i guess, im not a fan of that at all.

The Vario 3 is vastly superior.

I looked at the Vario3, they wanted £150 for it on upgrade, didnt really feel it waranted the extra £££ for what I need it for, its my 2nd phone I use for work

Better than yours. C*nt.
Definately worth the money is the Vario III - as long as they've not messed up the firmware.