ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TDC Sensor

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Struggling to start first time recently and totally failed without being able to restart last week so by the sound of it the TDC sensor has gone.

Lots of options available, are they all the same as long as they come with the new loom bit?

Like this one?

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
I had the same issue and recently had a new one fitted. Before that I removed the original one, used wet and dry sandpaper on the sensor part and refitted it (I just removed the 2 10mm nuts to get at it). It worked ok after that.

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
For the amount of work to get there and price of above linked part I think I'd rather put a new one in, but glad it sounds like this is the issue and it sorted it for you!

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green1.2
Mine would also only start on second key turn. Genuine new loom section + tdc sensor sorted it, now starts first time every time. No idea on cost/place to buy from as it came with the car! Hopefully it sorts your issues

TDC Sensor: 8200647554
Loom: 8200673202

Shade under £100 for both from RPD (not including delivery)

Last edited:
Reactions: MLB

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
I was told that the fuel pump doesn't pressurise on the first key turn. If I turn the ignition on, without firing, then off and then go to start it fires perfectly every time.

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green1.2
I was told that the fuel pump doesn't pressurise on the first key turn. If I turn the ignition on, without firing, then off and then go to start it fires perfectly every time.

I read that too, I bought a second hand pump in case the new TDC didn't sort it. I have also read the horror stories of refitting the pump housing ring so glad the sensor fixed it for me 😅