ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Best way to use AG EGP?

visualize whirled pe
As above, any good tips, number of applications needed, beyond the tips on the back of the bottle?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
use it as lightly as possible...very thin layer, leave for an hour, then take off and put another layer on about 12 hours after (in the same way as first application) if you want to seal it fully.

Obviously Rich, Brazo,Al (amongst others) would be the best people on a subject like this.

make sure you use something like SRP before hand so it has something good to bond to.

leave the EGP on for as long as possible, then wipe of and add another, no need to wait between coats AFAIK. more coats and longer left = better protection. i did 6 12 hour coats for my winter prep, only stopped beading when i polished her again last wknd!! lasted good 2months!!

jamie

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
make sure you use something like SRP before hand so it has something good to bond to.

leave the EGP on for as long as possible, then wipe of and add another, no need to wait between coats AFAIK. more coats and longer left = better protection. i did 6 12 hour coats for my winter prep, only stopped beading when i polished her again last wknd!! lasted good 2months!!

jamie

Fairplay, never knew about the add another layer straight after. Definately has to be SRP'd before EGP. 6*12 hour coats...couldn't leave the car untouched driving wise for that to be do-able for me!

visualize whirled pe
Cheers Guy's

I did two coats of SRP before hand. It is my girl friends Ka and was overdue a polish. Was full of scratches and haze. Came out ok for a 6 year old car. Cant wait to try the stuff on my clio next.

IMG_1395.gif

IMG_1396.gif

RB 182
It's come out very nice...if you want a bit more then apply carnauba based wax which will give the finishing touch after the SRP and EGP.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i gave my 172 cup a coat of egp in november, and topped it with a coat of p21's. it stopped beading about 3 weeks ago, not bad eh?

Lewis

106 GTi

jamie

Fairplay, never knew about the add another layer straight after. Definately has to be SRP'd before EGP. 6*12 hour coats...couldn't leave the car untouched driving wise for that to be do-able for me!

You can add as may coats as you want one after another but you will not get the same effects as allowing each one to set up for 12 to 24 hours.

Thin coats are the key, 3 layers seemd to be optimum for looks, any additional layers did not seem to add to the looks for me. Anything you remove wipe of is justed wated excess product.

Finish on the Ka looks good.