ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cholmondeley Pageant of Power

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Today was the inaugural holding of this event, at Cholmondeley Castle in Cheshire, the organisers are trying to promote it as a Festival of Speed for the North, and the commentators did mention this a lot today, even saying they felt it would be preferable to the FoS because of a wider local audience. More details here: http://www.pageantofpower.com/

In my humble opinion it's an event with an awful lot of potential, but at the moment for me personally it's got a lot to do before i'd call it an FoS-esque event.

The weather was appalling for most of the day, but here's a fair few of my pics.

IMG_3998.gif

IMG_4001.gif

IMG_4005.gif

IMG_4010.gif

IMG_4012.gif

IMG_4013.gif

IMG_4014.gif

IMG_4025.gif

The only significant crash of the day, despite the weather, resulted in this;

IMG_4040.gif

Not a brilliant pic as i was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he span his Porsche 917 at the 1st corner on the course, ploughed into the hay bales, and tore most of the front off. Luckily looked like mainly cosmetic damage, and understandably the gentleman owner looked quite distraught afterwards.

IMG_4041.gif

IMG_4044.gif

IMG_4046.gif

IMG_4049.gif

Jeremy Clarkson's old Ford GT

IMG_4050.gif

IMG_4065.gif

IMG_4078.gif

IMG_4079.gif

IMG_4089.gif

IMG_4097.gif

IMG_4111.gif

IMG_4113.gif

IMG_4115.gif

IMG_4125.gif

IMG_4126.gif

IMG_4128.gif

IMG_4134.gif

IMG_4138.gif

IMG_4150.gif

nice pics.

i saw one of those powerboat things going past my house on a trailer yesterday evening, im guessing they were heading to here...i live in cheshire

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Really annoyed i couldn't go to this as i was working :( only down the road from me.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Better day today!! As gaz said just down the road, we went for a shifty past the gates today, looked busy still at 3.30! Hope for some nice weather next year!

Good pics!!