ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of getting a blackberry

Fiat Panda 100hp
Upgrading my phone on orange.

Looking at the blackberry phones, as I like the email, the keypad layout and the GPS looks nice too.

Anyone on here got one? How are they to live with?

Which is better the bold or curve?

Thanks

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
Bold is more swish, and has Wi-Fi but the curve does everything you need from a business device.

1.2 16v Dynamique
I got a curve yesterday on Orange and I love it, the screen is the clearest of any phone I have owned, the phone takes a little while to get used to the menus etc but once you are it is immense.

The wi-fi net access is really quick as is the GPRS net access, it costs an extra £5 a month on top of your line rental for access to "The Orange Blackberry Network" via GPRS as they call it, but for this you can surf the net and download emails 24/7 at no extra cost, the wi-fi net access doesn't cost anything and the phone searches for wi-fi networks as a priority over GPRS networks.

The guy in the shop said that if you want it for business use and are using the net all day get the Bold as the phone is slightly bigger and the keys on the keypad are larger, but I went with the Curve as it has a 3.2MP camera as opposed to the Bold's 2MP camera and it is slightly smaller so it is less of a brick to carry around.

Andy

Fiat Panda 100hp
Have you used the GPS on it? Is it free?

Can the email be setup with something like gmail? Using the pop3 settings?

I got a curve yesterday on Orange and I love it, the screen is the clearest of any phone I have owned, the phone takes a little while to get used to the menus etc but once you are it is immense.

The wi-fi net access is really quick as is the GPRS net access, it costs an extra £5 a month on top of your line rental for access to "The Orange Blackberry Network" via GPRS as they call it, but for this you can surf the net and download emails 24/7 at no extra cost, the wi-fi net access doesn't cost anything and the phone searches for wi-fi networks as a priority over GPRS networks.

The guy in the shop said that if you want it for business use and are using the net all day get the Bold as the phone is slightly bigger and the keys on the keypad are larger, but I went with the Curve as it has a 3.2MP camera as opposed to the Bold's 2MP camera and it is slightly smaller so it is less of a brick to carry around.

Andy
Think you might be getting mixed up here. The curve doesnt have wifi. It has a 2mp camera, the bold has the 3.2 mate.

Id go for the bold.

BMW F31
i've ACTUALLY got a curve 8300, had it about 6 months, love it!

pushes my email through faultlessly, dont use the gps as i have sat nav but tested it once and it seemed much better than my previous n95 nokia maps rubbish.

all round great phone, theres a fair few apps available too.

1.2 16v Dynamique
I know the lack of 3G was a bit disappointing but I will deal with it as the other features on the phone more than make up for it, especially as I can now access Facebook at work... woop woop

Mr2 Roadster
Think you might be getting mixed up here. The curve doesnt have wifi. It has a 2mp camera, the bold has the 3.2 mate.

Id go for the bold.

The 8320 does!
The 8310 and 8300 don't.

**00 is the orignal model on Blackberry's.
**10 is the GPS model.
**20 is the Wi-Fi model.

Ahhhh the javelin.

But the bold does have a 3.2mp camera though, not 2mp. No 3g on the new curve(Javelin) is abit dissapointing really, wifi is good though :)

bold only has a 2mp camera the new curve 8900 curve codenamed 'javelin' has a 3.2mp and is similar to the bold just a smaller version but with a higher resolution screen and lacking 3g but then the 8900 does look so much better

Personally id go for the 8900 curve i currently have the previous 8320 curve which is awesome but cant wait for my upgrade to 8900,

you'll love it and always be on it so basically yeah go for the 8900 lol

Revels Mum & Sister
I have a Bold and yes I do love it. Mainly because it does everything I want. Emails, Calls and Txts. I dont really use much else. Handy to have 3G for the odd bit of internet use I need and Wifi. Used the GPS a few times and it works well.

I have an Orange bold (Unbranded) and you can load Vodafones Sat nav sfotware on there and it works for free ;)