ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Three finger tap = Dashboard. WTF !

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I've been using a program called 'MiddleClick' for quite some time now on the Mac. It simulates a middle click on the mouse (obviously), enabling a new tab to open or close for instance.

This was working fine until JUST this moment.

I switched off my wireless keyboard, and then plugged the old wired one in as the wireless one annoys me.

My old Mighty Mouse was plugged into the keyboard.

I unplugged that as soon as I realised... Now the wireless 'magic mouse' will instead open Dashboard up instead of doing a middle click, and it's driving me mental !!!

Any clues ?!

I've tried going back to the wireless KB, turning the mouse off and on again and restarting the computer, but nothing works. I can't even find a setting where the 3 finger tap initiates Dashboard anywhere :S

:mad:

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
try using this program, it seems similar to your middle click, lets you customise your trackpad and magic mouse so you can use which ever gestures for your own commands, might be worth a shot

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
OK I've tried another program which is much more customisable.. told it a 3-finger tap is middle clicking, but this still hasn't solved it.. there's still no option for Dashboard to click anywhere !?

ARGH !