ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Three ?

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive always hated Three, but are they as shite as they used to be ?

they have some pretty good iphone 4 tariffs, ive always said id never go with them, but to be honest im now tempted

anyone recent experience of them ?

UK call centres ?

ive been with Orange for ~10 years and IMO they have always been fantastic

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
UK call centres, your having a laugh, all foreign idiots.

Some will disagree, especially a certain fiat driving someone, but ime they are s**t. s**t signal and s**t customer service, but you get what you pay for.

I know they are supposed to use another network for signal (think its orange atm and used to be O2) but it still doesn't seem as good as the big 4 networks, my mate just successfully got out of his contract early due to signal issues with them.

07 Campus Sport 1.2
it depends where you're from, in my area the signal is bang on, went down for about 3 days where i work a few weeks back because they were doing upgrades, but they gave notice. I never phone customer services, always go into the shop and they normally phone them up for me. They are by far the cheapest network and the internet is the fastest i've used.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
u say s**t signal but they are top for 3g coverage and thats a FACT and oh wait...yes the iphone is a 3g handset, i always have 3g coverage where ever i go and my mates dont. i was sat next to seb (sofaboy) last week and he couldnt even download an app his signal was that bad and hes on orange......3 have the best uk coverage at the moment.

2.2 bar shed.
u say s**t signal but they are top for 3g coverage and thats a FACT and oh wait...yes the iphone is a 3g handset, i always have 3g coverage where ever i go and my mates dont. i was sat next to seb (sofaboy) last week and he couldnt even download an app his signal was that bad and hes on orange......3 have the best uk coverage at the moment.

You sure about that? 3G coverage I can grant you that, but overall signal... Mmm.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Well obviously area has a lot to do with it, Orange give me the best signal, O2 a close second but orange usually has a 3G signal for me. I found three awful, as have colleagues. mates and customers when i worked at a phone shop.

Orange and Three have been having scraps over who has the best 3G coverage for ages now, if orange pulled their finger out and shared t-mobiles 3G network with orange too then they would have the best coverage. But like lynden says, at this moment in time, it appears three have the statistical edge on 3G signal coverage. But remember its not just about 3G signal, sometimes its good to have a substantial '2G' network to bounce back onto when you need to text or call.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
Well obviously area has a lot to do with it, Orange give me the best signal, O2 a close second but orange usually has a 3G signal for me. I found three awful, as have colleagues. mates and customers when i worked at a phone shop.

Orange and Three have been having scraps over who has the best 3G coverage for ages now, if orange pulled their finger out and shared t-mobiles 3G network with orange too then they would have the best coverage. But like lynden says, at this moment in time, it appears three have the statistical edge on signal coverage. But remember its not just about 3G signal, sometimes its good to have a substantial '2G' network to bounce back onto when you need to text or call.

yeh i agree hence why if you cant get signal on 3 the phone will jump onto another networks signal, called piggybacking

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
you can be asked to be transfered to the glasgow call centre

Really, never knew! When I was working at the link we used to prank call the indian centre all the time, actually the funniest thing ever telling them you have a problem with your O2 phone, them saying its three, and you telling them you dont have three phones, just one lol. Had such a laugh working there lol

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
if i make 2000 5 second phone calls, that would be all my "2000 minutes " gone?

yes...............

it is changing in feb though but i hand in my notice tomorrow so i will no longer work for them

Is it true you share masts and infrasructure with T-mobile, you dont actually share their network. So the piggy back bit is BS? You certainly dont share with Voda so "yeh i agree hence why if you cant get signal on 3 the phone will jump onto another networks signal, called piggybacking" - HMMMMM

Also you dont actually support 2g now, so must have 3G coverage in order to call and txt etc?

Skoda Fabia vRS
id NEVER make 2000 phone calls in a month, id struggle to make 100 lol

i dont need a lot of minutes and texts, just a decent internet allowance, i dont think 500mb will be enough

lbrench where you moving onto ?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
not sure yet mate lol

i would go for one of the texter plans as its unlimited internet but whenever your at home just jump onto the wifi........

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
Is it true you share masts and infrasructure with T-mobile, you dont actually share their network. So the piggy back bit is BS? You certainly dont share with Voda so "yeh i agree hence why if you cant get signal on 3 the phone will jump onto another networks signal, called piggybacking" - HMMMMM

Also you dont actually support 2g now, so must have 3G coverage in order to call and txt etc?

no because my iphone goes onto 2g whenever im in my basement so the network will run on 2g

they are a good network but a s**t company to work for

i wouldnt have an iphone on any other network just due tot he iphone being such an internet related device

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
dunno yet, company is trying to do me over so im leaving instead.......in my contract it says if they ask, i have to move to another store within 55 miles of my house, they want me and 4 others to move to chorley which is 52 miles away and my current store is 3 miles away.

i said no as it would cost me too much in petrol + putting miles on my car so they sent in security to pretty much find something wrong that i have done because im not cooperating and they have found some paperwork that i forgot to do and are trying to sack me for it, already got rid of one guy last week so im handing in my notice tomorrow (well today) but they tried to sack me before xmas but i went to the doctors and got a 4 weeks say note so atleast i get paid for another month whilst i find another job........

dunno yet, company is trying to do me over so im leaving instead.......in my contract it says if they ask, i have to move to another store within 55 miles of my house, they want me and 4 others to move to chorley which is 52 miles away and my current store is 3 miles away.

i said no as it would cost me too much in petrol + putting miles on my car so they sent in security to pretty much find something wrong that i have done because im not cooperating and they have found some paperwork that i forgot to do and are trying to sack me for it, already got rid of one guy last week so im handing in my notice tomorrow (well today) but they tried to sack me before xmas but i went to the doctors and got a 4 weeks say note so atleast i get paid for another month whilst i find another job........

Custom google route to make 55 miles?

Skoda Fabia vRS
ill ask a few of the lads at work aswell, im sure one of em is on Three

i dont want to be tied in for 2 years if i cant use the bloody thing

If you're happy with orange, speak to retentions and they'll probably match or better the deal three are offering, always have with me.

Italian 3.2 V6
guy i work with is on 3 and is never off 3G, aLways has it. way better signel than me and other work lot on o2 and vodafone!

Skoda Fabia vRS
If you're happy with orange, speak to retentions and they'll probably match or better the deal three are offering, always have with me.

they always have done in the past for me but the difference in deals is so much i cant see them doing it

Golf GTi Mk2
I've been with 3 for a year now and have never had an issue with signal, my hero is pretty much constantly connected via hspda but i suppose it depends where you live, fortunately I have never had ot ring customer services, I hear it can be a bit of a nightmare.

Skoda Fabia vRS
well its either the iphone on Three, or the Desire HD on Orange i think

tbh id rather not stretch my budget to the iphone but i know for a fact ill be happy with it as the mrs has got one, but the desire is cheaper, and has a bigger screen

Clio Extreme
3 are the company i work for at the mo and if you want an honest opinion ill give it too you.

the network were utter cr4p when they first started up and at the time i was working for a generic provider and didnt expect them to still be about, however they have now been going for nearly 8 years and offer just as good a service as other networks. signal is roughly 96% across the UK but obviously there are big black spots, like other networks.
Our signal is better than some but obviously much worse than others and will be what brings you down with the iphone as its a phone you want working online and internet wise 24/7 which i cant really guarentee with our network.

Call centers are dubai and mumbai, very knowledgeable if you get a more 'human' person but trust me we have to deal with the same idiots as customers from tiume to time and they do grate on my nerves if they are s**t and sadly there are a few, but once again likewise with other networks.

Our deals for the iphone4 kick arse and we do offer a completly unlimited internet bundle with a couple of the tarrifs.

Shop serivce is pretty good for most stores ive had dealings with however as its an Apple product they will be your first point of call if theres a phone issue, but even though it may be a pain they do know their products inside out, much more than anyone in a differnet shop.

With 3 you dont really get a 14 day trial period unless you buy it online/over the phone which can be a git if you get it home, use it a few times then realise its not doing what you want signal or phone wise, however if its a signal issue and we have told you its fine were you are your well within your right to terminate :)

All in all, we have our faults but we have great plus sides. i would say after 9 years in the mobile business that each netowkr has its good and bad and none reallllllllly outshine the others.

If you want to know anything else or advice etc just pm me and ill be happy to help :)

Hmm...my brother is on 3...and his bberry is dead...just like mines was. Both Bold 9700.

He is having such a hassle trying to get it sorted, they don't seem interested.

I phoned up Orange, got an apology and they said they don't have a 9700 to give me but would I be ok with a 9780 instead. Boom. 9780 arrived at my office before 9:30 this morning and it was only yesterday I called.

And I don't have phone insurance ;)

Jap Box
Im on 3 and their pretty decent for coverage, just annoys me that they wont stop calling me offering me other contract deals now! I even had one phone me about insurance, I said I was interested but id have to give it a few days and he replied with "This is the last day you can do it, ive added it onto your contract and you will be billed an extra £5 on your next payment" to which I replied saying I didnt even tell him to add insurance onto my policy and I no longer want it after his pushy attitude.

My mate had good service with them though, he had his Sony Ericsson Satio (I think it was, 12mp camera one) stolen one day and he rung them, they said it wasto be recalled and they could give him a C903 for free rather than charge £30 for replacement.

My phons falling apart now though (C903) and checked online and their common faults on all of this model so im going to have to try get a replacement off either 3 or Sony :(

Skoda Fabia vRS
every Sony phone ive ever had has had to go back at least once, they are TERRIBLE for reliability