ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thruxton Trackday video

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Will get some pics from bro onlf the car but its a 2.0 tdi with a plugin chip with an estimate 20-30bhp extra. Has big fat brembos also, was running ns2rs on front. It only made 73db so not much noise!. I have footage but slow pc takes ages to process it so will be a few days before its uploaded.

Yep...

Spend whatever you want on your fun track car etc but it won't be long before a family of 5 wipe the floor with you in an electric car without even driving all posing for instagram followers whilst your bouncing off the limiter crying

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
PitGarage.jpg

Made the most of my R888s!

WornR888.jpg
Adam3.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Finally managed to fix my ancient PC to edit the videos I had from last months trip to Thruxton, a few 'moments' towards the end of the day when the R888s were on their last legs.

E46 M3, Clio 182
How often do Thruxton do track days? I'm from Salisbury so would be an ideal day out for me... looks like good fun!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
They're quite rare - combination of plenty of actual racing going on and noise restrictions from the NIMBYs who moved close to a very active race track..........

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
@loggyboy how did the r888s fare when bald like above, I've got a set with 1mm of tread on them I was about to throw out.
They were moved to the rear when I realised they were on last legs, and you can see what happened in the 'moments' video!, that was running Marangoni zeta linea sports on the front. They started the day on about 2mm. They only come with 5 from new.
I reckon if you ran 1mm on rear they would be fine and last a few trackdays. Or on front and take it easy on them, 1mm would do half a day. It very much depends on circuit, weather, temps and driving style.
But defo don't throw, use or sell, would still fetch a few quid to someone want to do the above.

They were moved to the rear when I realised they were on last legs, and you can see what happened in the 'moments' video!, that was running Marangoni zeta linea sports on the front. They started the day on about 2mm. They only come with 5 from new.
I reckon if you ran 1mm on rear they would be fine and last a few trackdays. Or on front and take it easy on them, 1mm would do half a day. It very much depends on circuit, weather, temps and driving style.
But defo don't throw, use or sell, would still fetch a few quid to someone want to do the above.
Cheers mate, got 2 x 1mm and 2 x 1.5mm so just gonna keep them on for one more day, got new replacements in the shed when they're done.