ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tilt Lense Photography

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
ANyone had a go at this?

Would you say its a bit gimmicky or do you use the lense regularly?

Really like the effect it produces.

tilt_shift_crossroads-620x412.jpg

tilt_shift_15-voila.jpg

FewExamplesOfTiltShiftPhotography3_008.jpg

Chav Rocket
never heard of it till just now, but looking at those photos and some others on google i think its pretty neat

172 Cup
Tilt shift? There's a massive thread on here somewhere about it iirc..

One of my really early efforts -

mijas1-tiltshift.jpg

e8be6254.jpg

Last edited:
  Oil Burner
When done well it looks superb. However to do it properly you need the lenses (£600+), you can replicate the results using photoshop, but it doesnt look quite the same (although some are done superbly).

I would love a tiltshift lens, but its a bit of a 1 trick pony and you would probably only use it once an event at most.

We've got a tilt shift lens at work, I've only had a quick play with it, quite hard to use to begin with. It's useful for product photography as you can increase the depth of field etc.

I like the effect,

The tilt shift lenses are as said expensive and i couldn't justify it over say a macro or wide angle lense that would be used in every day use...

Oil Burner
The lens doesnt just reduce DOF front/back, depending what tilt you use you can increase the DOF, move the DOF, do all sorts of weird stuff. Apparently useful for portraits too. I might hire one sometime looks like a laugh.

Titanium 182
Just take a normal picture, blur the corners. There's a little more to it than that, but I wouldn't go spending out on a new lens for the effect!