ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to spend some money

Inferno 182 cup
Right guys I'm new to all this but I've decided to spend some money on my newly bought clio 182, suggestions welcome as you will all know more about good mods for these than I do,

The car will only be used for weekends and hopefully join some of you on up coming track days and events so I'm guessing seats and required fittings and im not sure hat i need to do regarding airbag light/seatbelt light, harnesses, brakes, tyres, it has springs and a exhaust that I'm happy with.

Also if anyone has any info on the next events/meets/track days that I can come to would be good, I'm based in West Sussex

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Sort your brakes, Replace all ball joints and bushes, shocks etc with nice new fresh items and enjoy it!

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
^ What these guys have said.

PM G172. He can sort you out with Brembo High Carbon brake discs and Ferodo DS2500/DS3000 brake pads. Get some ATE Super Blue DOT4 brake fluid and some stainless steel braided brake lines. Brakes done.

Get some fresh ball joints, track rods and track rod ends. New bushes or Powerflex bushes.

Eibach Sportline springs wouldn't go a miss, aswell as some good tyres!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Are ds2500s really needed if its just for road use and occasional track days?

Set of brembo discs and pads from G172 off here should be more than up to the job.

Ph1 T
Not needed no but why not have decent it's not like they cost a fortune I'd sooner have good brakes over an induction kit ect especially if he's using it on track

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Not needed no but why not have decent it's not like they cost a fortune I'd sooner have good brakes over an induction kit ect especially if he's using it on track

Just don't see the point in blowing £120 on pads for 99% road use and a small amount of track.

The set of standard brembo discs and pads will be more than up to the job. I would spend the money on changing the brake lines personally.