ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tinny noise

VX220
after changing my rear exhaust bracket there is a tinny/rattling noise when i reach about 4k revs. could this be the heat proofing sheet above the back box or is it likely to be something else.
Cheers
Chris

330 Ci
is it under hard acceleration?.. because mine does that and i've (also - not to jack your thread) been wondering what it is! :eek:

Does it sound abit like a distant high pitch whistle that starts around 4k and gets alittle more rattly the higher up the rev range you go?

VX220
no i have a ktec stealth, its been on a year and they replaced the rear bracket which went about a month ago so i stuck a new one on there and its now making the noise. It starts at about 3800 revs and keeps going through until about 5k or so, when you take your foot off it stops.
Are the baffles likely to go in the stealth?
Chris

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say its the heat-shield - or at least that's the easy one to check. I know I had to bend the shield a bit (twice) when it touched the exhaust. It's no more than thick foil anyway. :)

D.

172 CUP
I'm getting a bit of this also! (Sorry to hijack thread)

It happens at just over 2k on mine, only till bout 2.5k. Its more of a rasp than anything. Only noticed it with my window open in the sunshine yesterday as i passed a wall!

I was worried about it being a problem with the cat, but is it likely to just be the heat shield? Theres been no change in performance (that i've noticed!)

RenaultSport clio 18
Mine was doing it and it turned out to be an oval clamp which connects the front pipe. It had springs on either side and the springs had gone making a really rattly but harmless noise. An easy fix in the end.