ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tinting my lights

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
im going to tint my rear lights. any idea how much i can do this by legally?
it would majorly suck if i failed the MOT or something cause of this.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
As long as the reflector reflects and the lights display the correct colours you will be fine!

Check MOT regs to double check (plenty online)

Stick a pair of stockings over each cluster.

If it looks s**t take them off and enjoy the feel of the silk over your skin...

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
i went to halfords today looking for some. they had a tiny tin of stuff for 15 quid.. and it said it was only for off road and racing vehicles. anyone know any stuff cheap online or anything?

LEGAL though...

Clio 1.2 mk2
mine are tinted dark blue.. but are illegal as none of the colours are right now :S got green,blue pink n red lights lol

neve been pulled for it though and the tint comes off with nail varnish remover so just carry that around in the boot and i can wipe the tint off it i get pulled

Oyster Card
samg1988 said:
i went to halfords today looking for some. they had a tiny tin of stuff for 15 quid.. and it said it was only for off road and racing vehicles. anyone know any stuff cheap online or anything?

LEGAL though...

They are s**t and produce a bubbly finish as the nozzle is wankered like their custom spray paint nozzels, Savage Tinting Spray - Does the job.

Chocolate Bar™
take it to a bodyshop and ask nicely. they should be able to add some black to some lacquer and then spray them with this. gives the best finish by far, and is probably the most 'legal' way of doing it, as the finish is almost OE.

Clio 1.4 16v
Yes thats what I did, lacquered over as well, nice shiny finish, pm me if you want some pics, they are really dark and I passed MOT

Black 172 Sport
Are there no smoked rear lights on the market as i'm interested in some.

Don't want the LED ones and don't want the Black Lexus ones.

Chocolate Bar™
not many at all. i tinted my mk2 ph2 ones, but left the centre circle clear. looked good, but i sold them as i didnt think they were dark enough and got a good deal on some colour coded ones lol