ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tint's law and prices

2004 Clio 1.2 bucket
i have been wanting to tint my rear side windows and rear window really dark and the up front ones just slightly ( as apparently it is illegal to have front ones to dark) was just wondering if anyone has done this and how much it cost and if they could recommend anywhere to do this..?

pictures would be good, my car is black .:eek::eek:

does anyone know the law on tint's?

Arctic Blue FF 182
i believe front side windows have to let in 75% of light, windscreen can't be touched, and rear side windows and back window can be what ever you want.

Ph1 track 172
law is, everything infront of the B pillar is untouchable,

so ur front sides, and windscreen cannot be tinted AT ALL,
(legally) they come out the factory with a 30% tint if it has 43R stamped on the winow where the writing is, so even a 20% tint come out as a 60% tint on the polices meters,

the rear 3 windows you can paint with hammerite if you really want,
or you can get them tinted anything to 100%
(limo's 95%)

we know the rules in essex ;P

Ph1 track 172
bt please note,
glass that comes out the factory does not let 100% light through, it has a factory tint on it already,

if it has 43R stamped on the glass it means it already has a tint on the window,
so sticking a 30% tint on top, will not mean it lets though 70% light,

my mate got a 25% front tint, he got pulled over and had them measured,
they came out as letting 30% light through, he got fined and made to take them off

please act accordingly

A

amitshah1990

I got pulled and made to take my tints out. It really is worth sticking to the law on this one as i found out. Was expensive to get them in, then removed again! :(