ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top gear Fiat 500

This is probably the only re-make of a car I actually like! I love the original 500 and this keeps all of the character. Unfortunately, I dont think there will be anything like a fast one.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I think the new 500 is mint :D

james may didnt like it but what does he know lol

In every car magazine its been reviewed in they have loved it.

Its already tipped to win 2008 car of the year.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
FIat are also planning a 180bhp Extreme version

Now that will fly!!

The arbarth is rumoured to do 0 - 62 in 5.8secs

Last edited:
180 bhp in something as low and light as that, even without tuning will be quicker and I'd venture handle better than a 172 cup.

I'll reserve judgment but I think, in typical CS style, this is poo poo'd too much.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Fiat500Abarth_4_560px.jpg

the 1.4 t-jet (turbo petrol) is only 120bhp in the punto... If they do push it to 150bhp which is already possible with a remap, and it handles, then thius might tempt me to buy another fiat:eek:

MCS R56
180 bhp in something as low and light as that, even without tuning will be quicker and I'd venture handle better than a 172 cup.

I'll reserve judgment but I think, in typical CS style, this is poo poo'd too much.

Who mentioned the Cup?

I wholly disagree. I would guess that the Abarth will weigh more than the current selection of 500's and will not handle well. There has not been a good Fiat for years and although I think the 500 looks okay - for my girlfriend, I can't see it making any dent in the current cream of the hot hatch league.

Who mentioned the Cup?

I wholly disagree. I would guess that the Abarth will weigh more than the current selection of 500's and will not handle well. There has not been a good Fiat for years and although I think the 500 looks okay - for my girlfriend, I can't see it making any dent in the current cream of the hot hatch league.

Being the "be all and end all" amongst some people on here, the 172 Cup is the handling and pace setter.

As I recall, early tests of the handling of the 500's has been very favourable and putting the name 'Abarth' to a 500 will no doubt improve the handling further. Look at it's stance, size and width - it's odds on to be a good handling car, nothing like Punto's and Stilos of years gone.

Okay for your girlfriend, lol, I'm sure you'll say that when the thing that will inevitably weigh 100+ kg's less than your cup is showing you a clean pair of heels ;)

MCS R56
Who mentioned the Cup?

Being the "be all and end all" amongst some people on here, the 172 Cup is the handling and pace setter.

As I recall, early tests of the handling of the 500's has been very favourable and putting the name 'Abarth' to a 500 will no doubt improve the handling further. Look at it's stance, size and width - it's odds on to be a good handling car, nothing like Punto's and Stilos of years gone.

Okay for your girlfriend, lol, I'm sure you'll say that when the thing that will inevitably weigh 100+ kg's less than your cup is showing you a clean pair of heels ;)

Yes, we'll see....