ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Total NOOB saying Hello!

Hi Guys'n'Gals.....

First time poster here just saying hello and well done on a cool informative site.

Anyway...

Just PX'd my little 2001 Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 for a..... Renault Clio 182 cup. which I pick up next Wednesday! woohoo!!! Was looking for a change but was looking at Focus RS, Focus ST170 and Honda Civic Type R's. I saw this 182 at my local dealer and loved the colour straight the way (electric blue, not sure of proper colour name yet) and thought I would take a look, after being impressed with the awesome exterior looks I was quite surprised at the quality of the inside. and to find the Clio had just as good or better performance than those above for less money too I was really surprised!

But my love for the car really took off when I took it for a test drive! It was so responsive and exciting to drive! it handled well and it was very comfy for me as im NOT a little bloke!!!

Done a deal and the car is mine! can't wait! I never thought I would be drawn to a Renault Clio as I have been a Ford and Vauxhall guy for years! owning a Sierra XR4, Orion Injection Ghia, Mondeo 24V Si, Granada 24V Cosworth, Cavalier SRi, Astra GTE 16V.... to name a few!

I look forward to some happy motoring in my new found "love"

So as a "noob" to these forums I ask you all my first Questions.....

Q1, As I am now a proud owner of a 182.. is there any good modding websites for Renault/clio 182. anything from engine upgrades, styling, interior?? anything will do just to look and learn more about the car.

Q2, The 182 has a standard CD player which uses the LCD display above to display the radio stations etc etc, is there an aftermarket CD player that will fit that also makes use of the LCD display?

Sorry if these Q's have been asked before, I'm just getting used to the site and have been looking through the forums. anyway... thanks for reading. any info would be helpful.

All the best.

A 33 y/o boy racer! :evil: :evil:

k-tec racing is a decent place to get some stuff from. Join up as a member and you'll get a discount with them. There's a few tuning companies that are on here, but I don't know if they've got a site or not. Look for AndyGDI or y0zza I think their names are.

Lee

BMW M2C
Welcome to Clio sport.

Q1, you are already there. Search these forums and you'll find answers to practically anything. Renault also have there own forums over at: www.renaultsport.co.uk that's also worth a look.

Q2, You can't use the display or stalk controls on 05 or newer Clips with an after market head unit. But they are working on an adaptor which will allow you to do so. I purchased an Alpine unit for mine and the adaptor didn't work. I contacted the manufacturer and they confirmed that the newer models have a small change which prevents it from working.

Lee

Mini Cooper S sport
Welcome to Cliosport! The colour of your car is Racing Blue...the best choice ;)

Happy motoring :race:

got a pic of it guys!!

here she is....

Clio182a.gif