ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Rod Ends - Replacing Advice

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
My track rod ends are...ummm.....beyond useable condition (without using any faul language!).
The end bit circled on both sides have the play in, can move the wheel a good inch without moving the steering wheels. I am hoping this is the cause of the grumbling noise otherwise it is the wheel bearings. (not my picture I would add, so sorry if it is someones on here!)
Capture_zpszgfn35po.gif

Just been trying a search on here and Google for advice on what to change and how to do it and not came up trumps.
What has cropped up is inner and outer rods. Presume the bit that has gone wrong is the outer bit. Is it worth changing both parts?
Is there anything else that could be changed/improved while it is all apart? I read somewhere stearing rack bushes?
Also any other tips? Currently gobbing WD40 over the threads and bolts each night to help remove them when I come to do it on the weekend.