ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking done, thoughts on settings?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Went to protyre in warrington as stevie at grinspeed is busy for some weeks. Car seems to drive well, just thought id see what you guys thought,

Equipment used-

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1...79&start=10&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0,i:126

Have got the before settings if needed but these are my current ones.

Camber

-1.28 left front -1.29 right front

castor.

2.58 left 3.03 right

Toe.

-0.10 left -0.08 right

total toe. -0.19

Rear

Camber.

-1.42 left rear -1.28 right rear

Toe.

0.14 left rear 0.13 right rear

Total toe 0.26

Any thoughts, good bad or ugly fire away

WRX
Are your toe figures quoted as Toe in, therefore - means toe out? What are the quoted tolerances?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Toe out is what i asked for. They even rang ktec to see what they suggested how the car should be set up.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Camber of and a half is ok for a road car and at least the two sides are almost the same.

Rear end they can't change so no point commenting much on, but looks reasonable anyway.

Third of a degree of toe out sounds good, for a road car i would maybe go a bit less but that won't cause problems.

WRX
Oh dear!:S
Thought decent tracking setups had factory specs and tolerances built in, ones I've used have. Have you got the print out to post up?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Oh dear!:S
Thought decent tracking setups had factory specs and tolerances built in, ones I've used have. Have you got the print out to post up?

What do you mean oh dear!!! They have got factory settings which is what they initily set it too, then they asked me how i wanted it. Must be like a disclaimer thing, maybe. Ive got the printout but cant post it up, but its exactly how it reads tbh.

WRX
I normally just go for within factory settings but 0.05 toe out.
Just see how you get on mate, if it suits you that's all that matters. As Chip has said it's there or thereabouts.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
I reckon you have done ok there. As Chip said it looks pretty even side to side. We have ours set to 0.10 toe out on the front (each side) whereas standard is 0.05 per side. That's only because its mainly used on track.

We need to order some pure Motorpsort rear shim to equal out our rear camber.

Looks fine. They have got things very equal from left to right as chip said. It should give you peace of mind that the rear looks very good, the front castor is good too - middle of renault tolerances (and better than lots of others it seems to me!)

I'ts not an excessive amount of toe out in my opinion - just drive it lots now and see how it feels for a while.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Castor being so even should make it particuarly stable under braking.

Dont forget that when you are dealing with minutes not decimal it means that 2.60 = 3.0

So 2.58 and 3.03 is VERY close, far better than a lot of these cars are :)

Being predictable is more important on track than anything else really, so I think you will be well pleased with it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
How much was it? I'm going to use these guys to get mine done next.

£99 including vat. They also fitted the camber bolts for me too. Like i say not the cheapest but they take their time and make sure its right. Not spending anymore bloody money on the car now though lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, I'm impatient. At least I've found another decent place to go and we all know how difficult that is. It does drive spot on tbf :)

535d / t5 caravelle
ha ha good on you :) glad your happy with it, next time your experimenting with places, can you keep it nearer my end of town lol

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I'm Glad you got it all sorted.

That should handle better now, personally i would have gone for more camber but what you have is good i reckon.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Si. I was contemplating a tad more but im happy with how it handles tbh, just need a couple of 5mm spacers and jobs a good un.